Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First-time wheeling!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up First-time wheeling!

This was my first foray into offroading... I went to Haspin Acres last month with the Miami Valley Land Rover Society. It was AWESOME! It was as much fun for me as when I was doing motorcycle track days except better because my wife and sons were there too and we all had a great time.

My truck is the silver '04 D2. It was completely stock at the time, but I had so much fun that it got new tires, 2" lift, rock sliders w/ nerf bars, CB Radio, and TW drive shaft the following week! I've yet to have an opportunity to take it off-road again, but I have some fun lined up for next weekend and several likely outings in June.

Anyone else around Louisville or Lexington, KY? PM me and we'll try to get together sometime!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...localeid=en_US

Old 05-22-2009, 09:16 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool pics man! Glad to hear you had fun. Now that you've done it once, you'll be hooked.

That one pic of the jacked up Honda Civic is hilarious, who would do that??

Old 05-22-2009, 09:41 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome pics. Looks like the whole family had a good time. Cam is right, once you start wheeling your Discovery it becomes an addiction. I always like seeing people take stock Rovers out and wheel them. Really shows what the trucks are meant for. I've been impressed what someone who isn't afraid of damaging a wheel can do with the stock 18" wheels on.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:11 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Awesome pics. Looks like the whole family had a good time. Cam is right, once you start wheeling your Discovery it becomes an addiction. I always like seeing people take stock Rovers out and wheel them. Really shows what the trucks are meant for. I've been impressed what someone who isn't afraid of damaging a wheel can do with the stock 18" wheels on.
you should see my 18" HSE wheels on my SE.

they are sad looking,,,

hahahahhaha.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:18 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
...That one pic of the jacked up Honda Civic is hilarious, who would do that??
I think that was a Prelude, which is even more bizarre! I have no idea what possessed them to do that, but I had to have a picture of it!

Old 05-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Those are great pics, glad you guys had fun and it is always better wheeling with the wife and kids, we pack the Coleman cooler full of Pepsi and sandwhiches and make a day of it.
Bring the camera and the bi-noc's and its always a good time.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Pix,

Not to take anything away from Rovers but, I saw something (in picture 26 actually) I have only heard ghost stories about. Now theres a picture documenting it. I have heard from time to time how amazing some of the Jeep drivers skills are (mainly from Jeep guys) and in particular what this guy is doing in the photo. So here we see an almost unbelievable feat = a Jeep pushing another vehicle up a hill with a tow strap - AMAZING!

Cheers

Old 05-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Night Train
Great Pix,

Not to take anything away from Rovers but, I saw something (in picture 26 actually) I have only heard ghost stories about. Now theres a picture documenting it. I have heard from time to time how amazing some of the Jeep drivers skills are (mainly from Jeep guys) and in particular what this guy is doing in the photo. So here we see an almost unbelievable feat = a Jeep pushing another vehicle up a hill with a tow strap - AMAZING!

Cheers
LOL... There were plenty of Jeep guys there at Haspin, and for the most part they were just as obnoxious as you'd expect. However, the guy in the red Jeep is actually a really nice guy and, in his defense, he also has a '96 D1 that's a little under the weather at the moment...

Even more obnoxious than the Jeep guys are the guys on quads and dirt bikes. It was like a redneck drunk-fest for the ATV crowd, but I really do support that behavior- it allows Darwin's theory to blossom!

Old 05-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice pictures man... wheeling is always good times... my cousin is stationed at ft. cambell in KY, how far is that from you, he is supposed to be getting a new jeep today so maybe yall could wheel together and maybe one of these days i will make a trip up there and we can all go together...

Old 05-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by discoxd
nice pictures man... wheeling is always good times... my cousin is stationed at ft. cambell in KY, how far is that from you, he is supposed to be getting a new jeep today so maybe yall could wheel together and maybe one of these days i will make a trip up there and we can all go together...
Ft. Campbell is pretty far, it's basically on the TN/KY State line, but there are good places to meet in the middle for wheeling.

Quick Reply: First-time wheeling!