Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixed the shift interlock!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fixed the shift interlock!

Had to share my catharsis....For as long as I've had the rover, the shift interlock has been annoying, sometimes requiring me to step on the brake a few times before it released the gearshift from park and sometimes working perfectly...no rhyme or reason as to why. Today, it lasted for about 5 minutes, and i nearly had to start console disassembly on the side of the road. So when it finally allowed me to select drive, I took it home, took everything apart and removed the shift interlock solenoid...peace at last! I know it could be be triggered by a bad fuse, or the brake switch, and so and so on, but the brake lights work, the fuses are good, and I will drive happier not having to worry about it or a replacement solenoid failing intermittently or altogether.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:50 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad to hear about your success!! I hope to be there some day, too. :-) I'm trying to learn how to fix my own Disco... almost there.

Mind if I ask you a newbie question? How did you take off the solenoid? I don't see any screws or bolts... can't quite pull it off. I'm missing something obvious...

Old 02-24-2016, 12:00 PM
ajh
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bobmaucher
I'm glad to hear about your success!! I hope to be there some day, too. :-) I'm trying to learn how to fix my own Disco... almost there.

Mind if I ask you a newbie question? How did you take off the solenoid? I don't see any screws or bolts... can't quite pull it off. I'm missing something obvious...
I know this is a dead thread but for future searchers, You just unplug it and slide it out away from the shifter, I did it by just prying up the tunnel cowl slightly.

The following users liked this post:
c0smic (03-12-2018)
Old 01-19-2021, 11:17 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is there a video? i seem to be having the same problem... it says on google there is a video so just wondering! thanks