Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing Brake Light, Rattle From Down Under, Ect

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Atlantic British has good rotor/pad kits. I went with the EBC's and really like them, but I found the set on e-bay from someone that bought and decided not to tackle the job.

If you are strapped for cash, pull your pads and spray a ton of sound deadening material on the backs, like Mike said. Then rough up your rotors with sand paper, like Spike said. Check your rotors for grooves and a lip on the inside or outside. They don't take a whole lot of wear before they need to be replaced.

You said your brake light will flash on and off. Check your level first. Also check the color. If it isn't clear, you should flush your brakes.

for the rattle, if it isn't your exhaust ( tap it with a rubber mallet all over), then check your shocks and all of your bushings assosciated. I had an annoying cluncking when I got mine that went away after new shocks.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

As for the RFI (radio frequency interferance) the usual suspects on the truck are the atlernator and plug wires, next would be your location when it happened, were you near a radar tower, air port, cell tower, radio/tv tower?
Also could be just a dirty laser lens on the CD player.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The radio does it ONLY when the cd player is on and its only the right half of the cars speakers, the other half play just fine. I listen to sirius, and the radio all the time with clear sound comming out of both sides but as soon as you switch to cd the right side starts making this extremely weird buzzzzz noise.

I got a little bit longer and I think im just going to order a brake kit off one of the land rover sites. I will post the kid Im thinking of ordering before doing so to make sure they are all right.