Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This forum makes owning other Land Rovers difficult.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 09:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

At this point I'm thinking that owning any vehicle is difficult. Had difficulties with the Rover last summer so, while it was in the shop, we bought a Jeep. Heard a bunch of chatter under the hood today, popped it to find a billowing cloud of smoke wafting upward. Smelled horrible. Seems the radiator fan motor decided to fry itself out at 40,000 miles leaving us high and dry for the Holiday weekend. The check engine light came on and the temp started to creep. Oh what fun....

So now we have 2 inoperable vehicles on hand. Gotta love it.

The silver lining...My husband reminded me today that if my girlfriend hadn't come to visit this weekend we would have been out of town at an immigration meeting stranded on the freeway. We rescheduled the meeting because of the busy weekend and her visit.

Happy Weekend!

Last edited by KernowDiscovery; 05-25-2019 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01
I agree, and beyond Rovers, the forums I've tried to use for a Honda Accord and a Honda CR-V have been jokes compared to this forum. Heck, the other LR forums that used to be well-trafficked are shadows of their former selves.
This forum makes alot of others look extinct, but the Tacoma forum I am on is light years more active than this one. I've actually got my Disco build over there lol

Old 05-26-2019, 12:09 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I have driven a v6 lr3, free I sold my 1999 d2. I gotta tell you it’s nice but doesn’t drive like a d2 at all. The d2 just feels more rugged. I passed on it mainly because of the v6 and bought my 04 d2 recently! Plus the d2 lifted looks much better imo 😎

Old 05-26-2019, 11:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Couldn't relate more to this. My love of disco 2's keeps me coming back.... You never forget your first love. Been one hell of a ride. From barely being able to do oil changes, to now being a certified technician. Land Rovers have been a defining thing in my life. It started here. We've lost a lot of voices here but we'll pick it up.

Old 05-28-2019, 09:49 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 109 Likes on 76 Posts

I've only had the need to ever be on a few car related forums such as this one.
I've very impressed with the D2 knowledge and support found here.

With that being said, NASIOC for Subarus is outstanding and probably the best I've ever seen.
bimmerforums is excellent as well - I had a 2000 528 wagon and its obvious the older and more unique your model, the more support you find.

Old 05-28-2019, 11:01 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am on five car forums and this D2 forum is by far the best forum.

I own a SAAB 9-3 and saabnet is basically dead as is SAAB. Still an awesomely fast car when tuned.

I have a Porsche 911 and rennlist is mostly just paranoid owners worried their engine is gonna implode and what special $30 a quart oil will help it not bore score & implode.

I have a Ferrari California and ferrarichat is mostly just a ***** measuring site. If I had a dollar for every time I read “this is my 12th Ferrari that I bought brand new in 20 years”, yada yada yada...

I have an Infiniti QX30 (by Mercedes) and maybe went to an Infiniti forum twice. An Infiniti is an appliance, no point going to a forum for that car.

And my Disco II. Extremely helpful and caring forum. Thanks to this forum, my Disco is 99% working perfectly with no warning lights. The Disco is the one car that I wished I bought brand new that I had the means at the time to buy it brand new. I would have a mint condition Disco II with only 22,000 miles on it today if I did.

The following users liked this post:
Motorhead1 (06-19-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 10:09 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Yes, it's a bummer that your Sport is far more reliable and doesn't need a forum supporting repairs!

Old 05-29-2019, 02:59 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Yes, it's a bummer that your Sport is far more reliable and doesn't need a forum supporting repairs!
lol

I'm on a few Land Rover and BMW forums and this forum rocks!
The BMW forum has kids wanting to only upgrade their stereo systems and chip their ECUs.
Some of the UK Land Rover forums have enthusiasts who are so negative and who are totally against changing anything to their Landy. No Lift, no bigger tyres, no winch, no steel bumpers, no Best4x4 PCV valve mod... they want their Landy left just like it rolled off the Solihull plant 20+ years ago. Ugh...

Old 06-19-2019, 07:42 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Coming from IH8MUD, this forum embodies the same community feeling, definitely smaller though. While I would love a Land Cruiser, honestly the amount of work they need isn't as minute as one would think, especially on the 80 series. Cost wise you can still pick up Disco's for 1/5th of what you can get a beat up Cruiser for.

Old 06-19-2019, 08:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts

I probably would've moved on from my Rover like all of my other vehicles if it wasn't for this forum. Now, instead of car-hopping, I finally have a truck that I'm happy with, despite it's quirks. And a parts truck. And I'm afraid of how many more Rovers I might have with more time/money/space..

Quick Reply: This forum makes owning other Land Rovers difficult.