Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012 | 06:23 PM
|
4wd High
Default front bumper

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site. I have an 03 land rover discovery se7 and need to replace the front bumper. The end pieces are in perfect condition. Had a fender bender & cracked the middle piece. Does anyone know where I can one that will run me under $800.00? I'm in Philly PA.

Old 10-10-2012 | 07:42 PM
Winching

Contact Randy if you're looking for a used stock replacement.
British Boneyard - Parts

Old 10-11-2012 | 01:01 AM
Winching

There are a number of places that have them for less than $800. A google search turns up many. Here's one. (I never had much luck finding a used one, seems the first thing that goes is the front bumper, as in that's what's damaged or it gets picked immediately)

Old 10-11-2012 | 09:19 AM
Winching

Maybe the OP needs to clarify exactly WHAT he wants to replace his front bumper with...

As I noted above, Randy may be able to help you out if you just want to replace it with a stock bumper.

If you want a steel bumper, then you'll need to shop around to keep the $$$ under $800. (In which case, see this other thread...https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...-bumper-53386/)

Old 10-11-2012 | 10:57 AM
|
4wd High

Originally Posted by dcarr1971
Maybe the OP needs to clarify exactly WHAT he wants to replace his front bumper with...

As I noted above, Randy may be able to help you out if you just want to replace it with a stock bumper.

If you want a steel bumper, then you'll need to shop around to keep the $$$ under $800. (In which case, see this other thread...https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...-bumper-53386/)
Hi Dave...thanks for the info. I just want to replace it for the one I have. Don't know the 'lingo" here. My boyfriend bought me this truck and I'm just shopping around on my own to replace the bumper. I found this site and thought I'd join & get some feedback.

Old 10-11-2012 | 11:14 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by tntjazz
Hi Dave...thanks for the info. I just want to replace it for the one I have. Don't know the 'lingo" here. My boyfriend bought me this truck and I'm just shopping around on my own to replace the bumper. I found this site and thought I'd join & get some feedback.
Cool. Try Randy (I linked to his site above). He's just out in Lancaster, so he's almost 'local'. If he can't help you, you could try Paul Grant. (I don't have his contact info, but I think Disco Mike has it in his signature and he has a great reputation.) Paul is somewhere in the NE United States, but I can't remember if its NJ or NY...

Randy is my #1 call for that kind of stuff. I mention Paul because he isn't too far (relatively speaking) from you. My #2 source for a used bumper would be Marty Powell (phone# 270 576 7922) of Overland Rover in KY.

I have no direct experience with Paul, but I hear he's great to deal with. I can tell you from first hand experience that both Randy and Marty are excellent to deal with. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Old 10-11-2012 | 11:37 AM
|
4wd High

Thank you! Thank you! I went on the site (saved it to my favorites) and sent an email, just waiting on a reply. I'll keep the other contact names & numbers.

Old 10-11-2012 | 11:42 AM
|
4wd High

Originally Posted by Bkreutz
There are a number of places that have them for less than $800. A google search turns up many. Here's one. (I never had much luck finding a used one, seems the first thing that goes is the front bumper, as in that's what's damaged or it gets picked immediately)
@BKreutz - thanks for the info, I had only tried ebay and I saw two (2) new ones that ranged from $700.00 to $900+ (parts & delivery). I went onto the site and sent an email, so I'm just waiting to hear back.

Old 10-11-2012 | 12:06 PM
Winching

ebay $450 or call Wilson at Shiyco Rovers at 843.450.5941

Old 10-11-2012 | 12:48 PM
Winching

Hey TNT I am in Philly s well.. washington square area. I have a great mechanic as well
he has good resources for all your needs at a reasonable price.
Have you found one yet.

Quick Reply: front bumper