Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front bumper fabrication question

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I paid $1099 shipped for mine. I looked at the RTE bumpers and they were no where near $600. I was also surprised that mine did not have recovery points, can I have them welded on? Mike I would have been happy to pay you to make that bumper for me, very nice! I did look to have one made but down here no one would do one for my Disco. Its Ford and Chevy land here.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah the rte bumpers start at 900 with nothing but the bumper(a bar,lights,etc). That quote was to fabricate a look a like. I showed the metal shop pictures of an RTE for them to
Make. They said they would use 3/8 plate steel to make it and it would be around 300 for the bumper and 125 for powder coating. I have given up on trying to buy a used one I am convinced they do not exist. Get a shop to fabricate to save some money. I think disco mike might have known the shop for the deal he got on his monster of a bumper.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Winching
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned HLC Fab (HLC Fab). They have a fantastic reputation and build a very sturdy product. Their bumpers aren't cheap, but something you may be yanking on to recovery your vehicle isn't the place to cut corners.

I'd be very hesitant to proceed with that $300 quote without ironing out a lot of finer details. I had a custom bumper built, and know that there are a lot of little details that go into a design. You don't want it to just look the part; it has to function too...

Old 05-19-2013, 11:56 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Or, you might design and have your own made as I and many others have done over the years.
Parts, steel and powder coating on mine cost me $320 or so plus time and labor.
If you want some more detailed pictures, send me your e-mail and I'll send you top and bottom pictures.
Disco Mike,
I know this is a old discussion; I just found someone who would help fabricate a front bumper for my 02 series II. Something like Your bumper is exactly what I want made for my disco.

Could you please send me pictures and measurement for this your bumper.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:28 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by dcarr1971
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned HLC Fab (HLC Fab). They have a fantastic reputation and build a very sturdy product. Their bumpers aren't cheap, but something you may be yanking on to recovery your vehicle isn't the place to cut corners.

I'd be very hesitant to proceed with that $300 quote without ironing out a lot of finer details. I had a custom bumper built, and know that there are a lot of little details that go into a design. You don't want it to just look the part; it has to function too...
I couldn't get in touch with them to save my life, their products look awesome.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I am waiting on my HLC front bumper now. Getting in contact with Denny is a real challenge.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:33 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Damn well if you do talk to him, tell him to reply to Zack at RN, I really want one of his front bumpers.