Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel System Clean

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 11:36 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel System Clean

has anyone had one of those fuel system services done to their Disco II. They offer it at the dealer for $125 or so. What were the results?

Old 05-30-2006, 09:35 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Fuel System Clean

You can do as good a job using top quality fuel additives as the dealer will. I worked at the dealer shops for years and can walk you thru it easily. How many miles on yourr truck?
Mike

Old 05-30-2006, 10:07 PM
6th Gear

Mike-

What fuel system service are you speaking of? What products do you use? What's the process? Sounds like a periodic maintanince thing I should do too. Yes? Thanks, Luke

Old 05-30-2006, 11:50 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

The plus side of a good cleaning is better performance and MPG. I sold tons and tons of these services for the years, I believ in them bit have a hard time justifing the cost.
Not knowing how many miles are on your truck, the type of fuel and what sort of MPG you are getting now, but you can do this your self pretty easily. Biggest thing is to get one of the better additives. The best is a product made by B&G called 44K. Usually only found thru parts departments at the high line auto dealers.
It is a little expensive, around $24 a can, figure 2 cans a year. Your engine will really put out 100% for you. If you have a problem finding the 44K let me know or I'll suggest another if need be.
You might also consider doing 2 engine oil flushs 2 time a year also. Rover engines run real rich and build up alot of sludge and carbon. Use one can of any of the major brand name engine flushed before an oil change and cut your long term maintance in half.
Mike

Old 05-31-2006, 12:51 AM
Winching

I'm very interested in any independent laboratory study that proves " better performance and MPG" or proves the benefits of an oil flush...

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

The plus side of a good cleaning is better performance and MPG. I sold tons and tons of these services for the years, I believ in them bit have a hard time justifing the cost.
Not knowing how many miles are on your truck, the type of fuel and what sort of MPG you are getting now, but you can do this your self pretty easily. Biggest thing is to get one of the better additives. The best is a product made by B&G called 44K. Usually only found thru parts departments at the high line auto dealers.
It is a little expensive, around $24 a can, figure 2 cans a year. Your engine will really put out 100% for you. If you have a problem finding the 44K let me know or I'll suggest another if need be.
You might also consider doing 2 engine oil flushs 2 time a year also. Rover engines run real rich and build up alot of sludge and carbon. Use one can of any of the major brand name engine flushed before an oil change and cut your long term maintance in half.
Mike