Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full or Partial Roof Rack

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 08:01 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Full or Partial Roof Rack

Ok, so i come from the Nissan Frontier long bed world and now have my 99 Disco 2. Unlike the Frontier which has a load of room the Disco 2's space is at a premium.

With that said i have noted roof racks of varying lengths. Some the cover the whole roof and some that go to the position on the roof where it dips down over the Driver position. In almost all of the pictures i have seen i rarely note any of the roof racks being full, in fact they are frequently empty.

If you have a roof rack can you post a picture and tell me why you chose it and what you store on top...

Just think of this as a person asking to post a picture of the truck you love as you know you love to have a reason to post a picture...

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Coop

Last edited by coop74; 10-23-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:22 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Default My 2 cents worth

I went through this a few months ago with an 02 Disco that my daughter drives. She wanted something to haul her rafting, camping, and skiing equipment (she lives in Colorado) She wanted the full rack with the ladder setup just cuz she liked the way it looked.

I took her for a ride in another rig with a full size rack and pointed out the 747 sound that you get at full speed. I asked around here and got pointed to a Trail Tailor bac-pac rack (I think it was Army Rovers suggestion). Anyway I got that setup for $400 and got it on. Almost zero road noise and my daughter loves it. She ties stuff down with rachet straps. Here is a picture of one on somebody elses rig. I didnt photograph hers when done but same basic look.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Yeah I am probably the enabler on that one

I have one as well and use it on my 110.

I have a Baja Rack on the LR3 and it is a bit noisy

Old 10-24-2017, 05:40 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coop74
Ok, so i come from the Nissan Frontier long bed world and now have my 99 Disco 2. Unlike the Frontier which has a load of room the Disco 2's space is at a premium.

With that said i have noted roof racks of varying lengths. Some the cover the whole roof and some that go to the position on the roof where it dips down over the Driver position. In almost all of the pictures i have seen i rarely note any of the roof racks being full, in fact they are frequently empty.

If you have a roof rack can you post a picture and tell me why you chose it and what you store on top...

Just think of this as a person asking to post a picture of the truck you love as you know you love to have a reason to post a picture...

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Coop

I have one as well and use it on my 110.

I have a Baja Rack on the LR3 and it is a bit noisy
I wonder if a flat full length rack might be the way to go?

Old 10-24-2017, 05:42 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redjeep
I wonder if a flat full length rack might be the way to go?
Just found the name of the flat rack I was thinking of... frontrunner roof rack.

I've never actually seen one on a Disco other than their advertisement.

Old 10-24-2017, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

It might but on the 110 the wind noise from the rack os not a big deal as everything is loud in there.

The rack being over the back helps improve the noise since it is well behind the driver