Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fun in a Disco!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012 | 03:59 AM
|
TReK
Smile Fun in a Disco!!!!

So I'm nearing the end of the first week since I paid off my disco.... and I'm enjoying every moment I spend with it! It's like I never want to leave the truck, I always have a huge craving to just hop in and go for a long adventure lol. Dont give a dam about gas prices neither (I use premium). I guess the point here is that owning a DII is a whole lot of fun. Still tinkering around with the controls, learning the ropes, finding new quirks and loving all the weird looks I get from fellow drivers.

The other night I pulled up to a stop light, looked to my left for a second and when I looked back around I saw a distinctive red box in the corner of my eye.... IT WAS A SERIES Rover!!!! I got so excited I almost forgot how to use my horn, but then I started blareing my horn and waving and the guy looked over, smiled and waved back! lol I'd have to say thats one of the most delightful things about owning a Rover, finding fellow Rovers and making friendly contact. They dont always wave back but when they do ohhh boy.

Sorry for the rant, I'm still wrapping my mind around the fact that I finally got my 04 Disco! Feels like one of those long *** dreams where you suddenly wake up and its all gone.... lol Hope everyone else is enjoying their Rovers like I am.

Last edited by TRIARII; 11-16-2012 at 04:01 AM.
Old 11-16-2012 | 04:01 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Hey man I feel ya! Discos and Land Rovers in general are freakin bad ***!

All the people I wheel with are amazed that my vehicle can keep up with there wranglers and xj's with 6" lifts running 35"s+

Old 11-16-2012 | 06:41 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by FlyingZebra34
Hey man I feel ya! Discos and Land Rovers in general are freakin bad ***!

All the people I wheel with are amazed that my vehicle can keep up with there wranglers and xj's with 6" lifts running 35"s+
You took the words right out of my mouth. Honestly, my DII still amazes me - the stuff it can get through.

Old 11-16-2012 | 01:21 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by TRIARII
......loving all the weird looks I get from fellow drivers.

Hmmmm.....I've yet to experience this.

Old 11-16-2012 | 07:04 PM
Rock Crawling

So I'm nearing the end of the first week since I paid off my disco.... and I'm enjoying every moment I spend with it! It's like I never want to leave the truck, I always have a huge craving to just hop in and go for a long adventure lol. Dont give a dam about gas prices neither (I use premium). I guess the point here is that owning a DII is a whole lot of fun. Still tinkering around with the controls, learning the ropes, finding new quirks and loving all the weird looks I get from fellow drivers.

The other night I pulled up to a stop light, looked to my left for a second and when I looked back around I saw a distinctive red box in the corner of my eye.... IT WAS A SERIES Rover!!!! I got so excited I almost forgot how to use my horn, but then I started blareing my horn and waving and the guy looked over, smiled and waved back! lol I'd have to say thats one of the most delightful things about owning a Rover, finding fellow Rovers and making friendly contact. They dont always wave back but when they do ohhh boy.

Sorry for the rant, I'm still wrapping my mind around the fact that I finally got my 04 Disco! Feels like one of those long *** dreams where you suddenly wake up and its all gone.... lol Hope everyone else is enjoying their Rovers like I am.
I did the same thing when I saw my first defender in the wild! I got goose bumps when the guy waved back to me lol

Old 11-16-2012 | 07:43 PM
Mudding

Awesome!

After fighting fuel pump problems ( and I hope I'm not jinxing myself here )
I drove mine home from work the other day.

Windows down, wind blowing, radio blasting, rattles and all. I LOVED IT!

Walked in the door and the wife said " what happened to you? you hair's a mess" !

I just grinned and said Land Rover!

Old 11-16-2012 | 08:08 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by JC Speiser
Awesome!

After fighting fuel pump problems ( and I hope I'm not jinxing myself here )
I drove mine home from work the other day.

Windows down, wind blowing, radio blasting, rattles and all. I LOVED IT!

Walked in the door and the wife said " what happened to you? you hair's a mess" !

I just grinned and said Land Rover!
I do the same thing, just something about driving a Rover makes me happy lol

Old 11-17-2012 | 11:10 AM
Three Wheeling
Talking

I have owned my Discovery since 1999.... I still love the damn thing! my whole family laughs at me when I talk about the amount of maintenance... yet they always call me when they can't move their Hondas after a snow storm!!! My discovery has NEVER let me down and goes ANYWHERE... I love it!