Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ghost Emergency/Reflective Caution Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:32 PM
urq
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DonRW2007
I bought the tape from the recommended vendor, but didn't realize it was solid reflective black only. Still nice, but would like the striping. So, is it as "simple" as cutting strips of another shade and applying over the base tape?
Yep thats all!

Old 03-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by urq
Yep thats all!
No, that completely is NOT the way you do it. Why reply to someone asking for help when you have absolutely no idea on the process?

I bought the tape from the recommended vendor, but didn't realize it was solid reflective black only. Still nice, but would like the striping. So, is it as "simple" as cutting strips of another shade and applying over the base tape?
You will have to find a sign/advertisement/etc... shop that works with vinyl that will help you. Any competent shop should be able to make my stripe design for you if you show them the pictures I have provided. Or if they are willing to work with you, and they should be, you can have them make something of your own out of it.

They will cut it on a machine, only the pieces you see reflecting white are actual pieces of black vinyl. The rest will be cut away. You can make the design as short or as tall as you desire by letting it overhang off the bottom of the door, and cutting the excess away after installation.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:16 AM
urq
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Street Wolf
No, that completely is NOT the way you do it. Why reply to someone asking for help when you have absolutely no idea on the process?

You will have to find a sign/advertisement/etc... shop that works with vinyl that will help you. Any competent shop should be able to make my stripe design for you if you show them the pictures I have provided. Or if they are willing to work with you, and they should be, you can have them make something of your own out of it.

They will cut it on a machine, only the pieces you see reflecting white are actual pieces of black vinyl. The rest will be cut away. You can make the design as short or as tall as you desire by letting it overhang off the bottom of the door, and cutting the excess away after installation.
Hey "Street Wolf" quit being a tool! If you don't know what you are talking about I suggest you keep your Pie Hole Shut.... and it's not good pratice to try and slam another forum member for your lack of knowledge!
I am in the Sign Business and have owned my own Sign Shop in SoCal for 12 years now
And overlays or layering as we call it in the business is a common practice.
Printing is another way of doing things altogether.
You will also find that Printing on top of vinyls will not last as long as layering vinyls, as the inks used tend to dry up and crack and even fade much faster then a quality vinyl will.

DonRW2007 clearly stated that he already bought the Reflective tape so he asked so, is it as "simple" as cutting strips of another shade and applying over the base tape?

My answer to that question was "Yep thats all!"

Old 03-15-2012, 02:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by urq
Hey "Street Wolf" quit being a tool! If you don't know what you are talking about I suggest you keep your Pie Hole Shut.... and it's not good pratice to try and slam another forum member for your lack of knowledge!
I am in the Sign Business and have owned my own Sign Shop in SoCal for 12 years now
And overlays or layering as we call it in the business is a common practice.
Printing is another way of doing things altogether.
You will also find that Printing on top of vinyls will not last as long as layering vinyls, as the inks used tend to dry up and crack and even fade much faster then a quality vinyl will.

DonRW2007 clearly stated that he already bought the Reflective tape so he asked so, is it as "simple" as cutting strips of another shade and applying over the base tape?

My answer to that question was "Yep thats all!"

Wow, I don't often say this on the Rover forums, but you are an amazingly stupid f*ck. Thank god I have a competent sign shop here locally that actually knows the proper method of getting things done.

Yeah, I sure as hell do not "know what I am talking about", my "lack of knowledge" only designed, cut, and applied the reflective vinyl piece he is asking to duplicate on his vehicle.

Last edited by Street Wolf; 03-15-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:27 PM
urq
Three Wheeling

Wow, I don't often say this on the Rover forums, but you are an amazingly stupid f*ck. Thank god I have a competent sign shop here locally that actually knows the proper method of getting things done.

Yeah, I sure as hell do not "know what I am talking about", my "lack of knowledge" only designed, cut, and applied the reflective vinyl piece he is asking to duplicate on his vehicle.
So lets see here? And correct me if I am wrong, and I am sure you will or till we get this thread gets locked!
But in your small "lack of knowledge" brain if its not done your way it should not be done or its not the right way to do it, and everyone who post's trying to answer a question is a "stupid f*ck"?

And by you saying you designed Caution Tape Black on Black or any color for that fact.
Is the funnest thing I have heard you say so far, everyone knows that has been used for decades or more.

And the most impressive part about the whole thing is that you "cut, and applied the reflective vinyl" yourself doe's your doctor know you are playing with sharp objects?

Also you not edit your post's after you have hit the send button on your message, as it only shows everyone you don't know what you are talking about.
But I am sure you knew that!

Old 03-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by urq
So lets see here? And correct me if I am wrong, and I am sure you will or till we get this thread gets locked!
But in your small "lack of knowledge" brain if its not done your way it should not be done or its not the right way to do it, and everyone who post's trying to answer a question is a "stupid f*ck"?

And by you saying you designed Caution Tape Black on Black or any color for that fact.
Is the funnest thing I have heard you say so far, everyone knows that has been used for decades or more.

And the most impressive part about the whole thing is that you "cut, and applied the reflective vinyl" yourself doe's your doctor know you are playing with sharp objects?

Also you not edit your post's after you have hit the send button on your message, as it only shows everyone you don't know what you are talking about.
But I am sure you knew that!
How f*cking stupid are you, really? The fact that you cannot grasp the simple fact of how this is made, tells me not to bother trying to explain further because you certainly won't understand.

"Black on black" "Layers of vinyl" "Printing on top of vinyl"?

Lol, such a douche.

Old 03-15-2012, 04:07 PM
urq
Three Wheeling

I am so aware of the process and how it is made but did you forget already... I am in the business!
But the question that was asked was this!
And the answer is......
Come on, I know deep inside Street Wolf you you know the the answer to his question?

Read it slooowwww I can tell your not hitting on all 8 cylinders but that's ok take all day if you have to?

Here I will underline the meat of his question for you.
So, is it as "simple" as cutting strips of another shade and applying over the base tape?

And what was my answer to his simple question that you say "No, that completely is NOT the way you do it. Why reply to someone asking for help when you have absolutely no idea on the process"

Come on You tell us why he can't do it that way he already has the black vinyl right?
Please... this is your turn to show us how smart you are!

Old 03-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by urq
I am so aware of the process and how it is made but did you forget already... I am in the business!
But the question that was asked was this!

And the answer is......
Come on, I know deep inside Street Wolf you you know the the answer to his question?

Read it slooowwww I can tell your not hitting on all 8 cylinders but that's ok take all day if you have to?

Here I will underline the meat of his question for you.
So, is it as "simple" as cutting strips of another shade and applying over the base tape?

And what was my answer to his simple question that you say "No, that completely is NOT the way you do it. Why reply to someone asking for help when you have absolutely no idea on the process"

Come on You tell us why he can't do it that way he already has the black vinyl right?
Please... this is your turn to show us how smart you are!
No, you stupid sh*t, the answer to his question is not to cut stripes of another shade and lay them over the black vinyl. WHY, in the holy hell would you apply the black reflective vinyl and then cover it with another "shade" of vinyl?

He already has the black reflective vinyl, go get the sh*t cut in the pattern he wants, apply. I don't have the slightest clue how you could be so utterly stupid to think he needs to have any other pieces of vinyl layered over the top of it.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle

This is about the most dumbed down, retard friendly as it gets.

There is vinyl where it says their is vinyl, there is PAINT where their is no vinyl. The vinyl is black, you shine a light on it, the exact same black pieces turn WHITE. F*cking amazing I know, right? Black turns to white, amazing wonders of this world.

Tell me just where the hell you need to layer anything to duplicate what I've done here, which is what he wishes to do.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:45 PM
urq
Three Wheeling

No, you stupid sh*t, the answer to his question is not to cut stripes of another shade and lay them over the black vinyl. WHY, in the holy hell would you apply the black reflective vinyl and then cover it with another "shade" of vinyl?

He already has the black reflective vinyl, go get the sh*t cut in the pattern he wants, apply. I don't have the slightest clue how you could be so utterly stupid to think he needs to have any other pieces of vinyl layered over the top of it.
Now we all know how stupid you are for not reading what I said..SLOOWWW.. like I said!
He is asking if he can put vinyl over the top of the Black Reflective tape to get the same affect as you got with your printed piece!

And yes you can do that and it will last longer then your printed stuff will.
Just look at all the wraps done on cars,vans,buses they have to have it re done every year or two max because Inks fade and crack fast in the sun even with a UV coat because most UV coats are just in the Ink or a ink itself.
also it scratches vary easily showing the under color.

Get off your hi horse and smell reality

Quick Reply: Ghost Emergency/Reflective Caution Stripes