Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

goodbye scout hello disco...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dang, I moved to the left coast a few years ago. I lived in Bakersfield for a while, but moved to sunny Florida for a job otherwise I would happily take it off your hands. Shipping and my wife would kill me. You can run home made biodiesel in it and have an extremely low cost rig to drive. Just replace the rubber lines and you would be good to go.
In spite of what many think, Discos are pretty easy to wrench on. Especially after an ol IH.
Welcome aboard.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had a radio code come up after i serviced everything. you can call land rover in raleigh nc and give them your vin number, they will tell you over the phone. and if it doesnt want to take it, let the radio stay on for about an hour before you enter it. that was the only way mine would take it. if that doesnt work, land rover will tell you you have to bring it in because they have a special tool to remove the radio. it is a hex key. remove the radio and give them the s/n. they can look it up that way too.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Overlanding

the scout is a great truck. My dad had a 76 when I was little. I bought mine for that nostalgia. But I've always loved an older import. My favorite car I've owned was an 83 audi gt coupe. (Then a tree fell on it in a hurricane)
My new used disco remindes me of that audi, or if audi and international had a love child.
I wouldn't say the diesel scout is easy to wrench on though. Parts for that are more of a pain to get than the gassers.
Well, back to watching my disco being washed and waxed next to q7's, lotus, and... Yes there is a red ferarri here too. (it's los angeles on a sat morning) but I do like that mine has a few more scratches then them, my truck has been somewhere...

Old 06-08-2009, 04:27 PM
1st Gear
Default Still have the scout?

I dont suppose you still have that diesel scout do you? If so drop me a line at osborne.tiana@gmail.com
Thanks
Tiana