Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headliner & Sunroof Repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 05:19 PM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headliner & Sunroof Repair

If you have any Questions on How-To-Headliner & Sunroof Repair Please feel free to ask any Questions, I will do my best to answer each and everyone.

My Name is Bill Stauffer, I own and Operate Headliner Express here in Central Florida, we have been servicing Land Rover of Orlando now for the past 17 years doing all their Warranty Work through Landrover North America on their Headliner Boards as well as Island Land Roverin Merritt Island Florida.

Were also a Sponcor for the Floridalandroverclub as well as the floridaroverownersgroupall have their own websites

Installing Landrover Headliners is nothing like installing Hedliners in American Cars, American Cars which are designed for the 1/4 inch thickness Material, your Landrovers were designed for the 1/8th inch Material

1/4 inch Material is only 54 inches Wide andNOTWIDE ENOUGH to spand the width of the Headliner Board on a Land Rover (Not Recommended)

1/8th inch Headliner Material as Original needs to be theExtra Wide 65 inch Matertials to spand the width nessary to complete the job on your Discovery or Range Rover.

I can walk you through just about any Issue you may have, I spend several hours per day on a Global Basis answering Questions on this very Topic for:

Volvo, Saab, Jaguar, BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Land Rover, Audi, Mini Cooper & VW

We dont work on American cars

Let me know how i can help! Bill

The following users liked this post:
Wheelspin (07-05-2020)
Old 04-01-2008, 10:55 AM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Headliner & Sunroof Repair

Thanks for the input I'm sure that someone will need help.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:29 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headliner & Sunroof Repair

How hard is it to do this? My 99 disco has a droopy headliner, and I would like to fix. What do I need and how long would it take a newbie to this. I found a kit on the net that sells the 65 inch 1/8 inch material. Help.. please

Thanks,
Matt

Old 03-08-2012, 12:20 PM
1st Gear

Thank you for offering information/assistance!

I just purchased a 2006 LR3 and absolutely love it. One problem is that the previous owner installed aftermarket DVD players overhead in the back seat. The weight of the screens seem to make the headliner sag and rattle pretty badly. Is there any way to secure the headliner back to the roof to prevent this rattling.

Again, thanks for all of your help!

Rob

Old 03-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sun Roof Drain Plugs

How do you get to the drains in the sunroof? My disco is leaking and I want to rule out plugged drains. I get on top of the roof rack with the sunroof open and look in the corners and don't see the holes anywhere.

Thanks,

Jeff

Old 03-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Rock Crawling

I have an 04 Disco II, which has a slight sag around the front sunroof, the sunroof trim is not able to hold the headliner in place, did not see any water there, but poeple suggested, I might have leaking sunroof, any suggestion how to fix it?
Thanks

Old 03-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default to answer all..

You need to take out the headliner out .... "Pain in the ***" and find the leak..You then need to fix the leak. Then you really need to check your repair with a pressure washer .. Then have someone else re do your headliner so it looks like it was when your truck was new and not look like it was fixed in Tijuana Mexico...

C.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

now wait a minute, some of us live pretty close to TJ, Mexico! I do get a kick out of the camo paint job that some of our brothers have done on their Discos, can you say mossy oak! Phil

Old 03-09-2012, 05:53 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lol

Originally Posted by ljdiscovery
now wait a minute, some of us live pretty close to TJ, Mexico! I do get a kick out of the camo paint job that some of our brothers have done on their Discos, can you say mossy oak! Phil
Phil, I was intentionally screwing with you.... I grew up surfing at Rosarita Beach....

Old 03-09-2012, 06:10 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

HeadlinerExpress,
Thank-you for the offer, looks like you go highjacked with sunroof leaks.
Can you possibly do a DYI / "sticky" on how to replace a head liner when you are doing your next Disco I'm sure a lot of use would like to see the correct way to install a new headliner.
Maybe you could put a package together liner, glue,direction & tip on installation,
might as well buy from a member than ebay.
Bedliner and paint are great but some of use may want to restore the original look.

Quick Reply: Headliner & Sunroof Repair