Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heat and A/C

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default heat and A/C

Just wondering if any one knows how to fix this, I can have my heat off and it still blows out, as if it is on low.It comes out hot, to the point if its in the 50's I have to open the windows.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

We need more information, like a better description of the problem.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Mudding

well it dosnt matter if I am at a stand still or driving, with the heat turned off, it blows hot.When I mean Off the head unit is off, not turned down.The only way to stop the heat from coming out it closing the vents.O another prob I am having is the horn dosnt always work. The fuse blew a couple of times, I replaced it, worked a few times than stoped working, the strange thing is that the fuse dosnt alway blow. Could this be the horns going bad or the horn buttons, or is there somthing else.

Thanks for looking.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Team Owner

As for the horn I say its the horn buttons, they are a common problem. They will come loose and pop off eventually or your horn will start honking on its own at random.

With the HVAC off and the truck sitting still does it still blow warm air?

Old 04-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot air will come out when it's off, that's normal. Or do you mean it's blowing it out hard? Like the HVAC is on level 2 or 3 or something?

Old 04-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the air is blowing like the head unit is on and calling for heat you might have a evap fan relay that is stuck closed. Have you ever noticed the blower on after the vehicle ignition has been turned off? You will have some form of radiant heat from the coil but if the blower is on you have either a switch, relay or electrical issue. If it stays warm out to where you do not need the blower I would pull the fuse until you get it resolved.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

I'm not sure on Rovers but all american car made after 1968 have to have a fan running even if the heat/cool is in the off position, that is to help purge the car of CO2. (GM calls it Astro ventilation) is it blowing hard or just drifting out? if you put the fan speed to speed one does it pick up speed or not?

Old 04-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Mudding
Default thanks

.I bet the heat is normal as it isnt blowing as though it is on level 1 or 2.I thought it was the horn botton as one looks kind of out of position, which I bet that could cause the fuse to blow.

Thank you all very much for your help!

Old 04-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Team Owner

The warm air is from the engine, the air for the cabin is drawn in from under the hood.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

The horn buttons are not going to cause the fuse to blow. only closes a ground to a relay to supply power to the horns. The horns are bad. go to pep boys and buy the truck ones with the compressor. WELL worth the $40 when people do stupid ish whilst in front of you.

as for the heat... FROM LAND ROVER: If the customer complains of a continuance of hot air from vents after HVAC is turned off: advise customer to set both sides to LOW and wait 10 seconds before turning HVAC off. This will allow blend door motors to shut air passage ways through heater core. Incoming air will be the temperature of outside air.

Quick Reply: heat and A/C