Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! Disco II misfire and P1300 intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 09:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
Any changes in the weather when this occured? Deep water on road and splash? My guess is the coil pack as well. Plugs may not be seated properly at the back or coil pack need replacement. Climbimg a slope and suddenly the ses light start blinking? A good complete tuneup including coil packs is a must. About my question with water on road. When engine is hot and you hit water, spash and steam will rise behind where coils are located and often wet the contacts when not sealed properly.

No changes in weather and road driven. Just replaced plugs and plug wires and still throwing same codes. Since the fuel injector cleaner the revs at stop lights have almost stopped altogether but it has happened once. Im going to try and limp it till the weekend and then replace the coil as suggested and both front o2 sensors. Today no codes was thrown. I don't think i can get lucky enough that fuel injector cleaner fixes the problem. If the coils and O2 sensors dont work ill pull the gas tank. I will reply what the fixes and symptoms are because this problem is unique and I hope it helps someone else. Just can't believe both coils are bad at the same time. I will also replace the fuel injector o rings while I'm in there.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:06 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by cableguy1979
No changes in weather and road driven. Just replaced plugs and plug wires and still throwing same codes. Since the fuel injector cleaner the revs at stop lights have almost stopped altogether but it has happened once. Im going to try and limp it till the weekend and then replace the coil as suggested and both front o2 sensors. Today no codes was thrown. I don't think i can get lucky enough that fuel injector cleaner fixes the problem. If the coils and O2 sensors dont work ill pull the gas tank. I will reply what the fixes and symptoms are because this problem is unique and I hope it helps someone else. Just can't believe both coils are bad at the same time. I will also replace the fuel injector o rings while I'm in there.
no need to drop the tank. There is an access panel under your rear carpet to get the fuel pump out and suck out the fuel if you wish. It's on of the first things I did when I got mine.

Old 06-29-2017, 01:52 PM
Three Wheeling

OK after the Techtron add its been doing good so I didn't dig into it hoping this was it. Today it throws two new codes. P1319 P0327 P0304 P0305 P0307 P0308. What in the world are these codes pointing to?

Old 06-29-2017, 02:20 PM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

OK after the Techtron add its been doing good so I didn't dig into it hoping this was it. Today it throws two new codes. P1319 P0327 P0304 P0305 P0307 P0308. What in the world are these codes pointing to?
P0327 is knock sensor, and that code drove me nuts. Mine ended up being wiring. It's possible you have damage to the wiring.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:32 PM
Three Wheeling

Can a bad knock sensor cause my misfires? being this code means that the signal is below normal does that point to a sensor being bad? I would think if it detected a knock it would be high? Where is this dang knock sensor on the rovers?

Old 06-29-2017, 02:42 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Can a bad knock sensor cause my misfires? being this code means that the signal is below normal does that point to a sensor being bad? I would think if it detected a knock it would be high? Where is this dang knock sensor on the rovers?
A bad knock sensor wont do any misfire. It will throw a code like 327 but wont trigger ses. You can even remove them and wont do mosfires. As mentioned above, do you know the condition of the coil packs? Like Abran mentioned it could be internal.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:50 PM
Three Wheeling

The condition is fine on the outside but I don't know if they are actually causing the misfire until I replace it. I just don't have a lot of confidence considering all the plugs looked good and the cylinders that are misfiring are two on one coil and two on the other coil. I don't have the money to throw parts at it so when the Techtron seemed to help I waited. Im hoping the culprit will be obvious but I will be changing the coil soon because at this point I have no other option. Im really hoping I don't have a bad head gasket.

Old 06-29-2017, 03:06 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

The condition is fine on the outside but I don't know if they are actually causing the misfire until I replace it. I just don't have a lot of confidence considering all the plugs looked good and the cylinders that are misfiring are two on one coil and two on the other coil. I don't have the money to throw parts at it so when the Techtron seemed to help I waited. Im hoping the culprit will be obvious but I will be changing the coil soon because at this point I have no other option. Im really hoping I don't have a bad head gasket.
hiold itoff for the meantime as long as you are not getting a flashing SES light. A set of coils with mount is around $56.00 on ebay. but make sure to replace wires too to save you time digging in the.back. Also remember that a lot of people who changed the head gasket get misfires too after.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
hiold itoff for the meantime as long as you are not getting a flashing SES light. A set of coils with mount is around $56.00 on ebay. but make sure to replace wires too to save you time digging in the.back. Also remember that a lot of people who changed the head gasket get misfires too after.

O.k. finally got around to changing the coil and intake gasket and drove it for 137 miles no code but then on the way to work i get a PO153. When into work and as i got off work on my way home i get all the same codes p0304 305 307 307 1300 and the PO153. After a new coil and intake gasket i have have almost $200 in this thing include wires and plugs and still haves no i idea whats up. It seems to me that two cylinders are on the left side and two in the right so what can make those odd cylinders misfire? The computer or something that can tell the computer to misfire like an o2 sensor? What's my next step?

Old 07-07-2017, 12:49 PM
Three Wheeling

I'm willing to try other things if anyone has an idea. I have replaced the plugs, plug wires, coils, maf, fuel injector cleaner, cleaned the throttle body,replaced the IAC, intake gasket and now I'm going to replace the bank 2 sensor 1 02 sensor because the first code I got since was a P0153 which I believe is a delayed response by the 02 sensor. Im thinking is that sensor is intermittently sending wrong signals causing the computer to lean out the truck and the result is misfires. Could be totally wrong has anyone had similar issue with a 02 sensor on a discovery II?

Quick Reply: Help!!! Disco II misfire and P1300 intermittent