Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Headliner...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 12:13 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Headliner...

The headliner on my Disco is sagging...Can anyone recommend a good upholsterer in the Socal Area preferrably in the Inland empire that's reasonably priced?

Thanks
Gene

Old 07-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a lot of people on here including myself have removed our headliners and painted them and then reinstalled them... its much cheaper and will never sag again...

Old 07-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

my headliner is sagging and i have seem some of the painted ones that discoxd is talking about and I LOVE the way they look. I can't wait to do mine in August.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 105 Likes on 12 Posts

Check out my signature and https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=22938

I used 3 cans of black spray paint for mine. I am going to take pictures of my next headliner paint job following tweakrover's method. I got all the items yesterday and color matched the paint.

I recommend it over fabric..

Old 07-30-2009, 10:11 AM
4th Gear
Default Thanks for the advice guys. But how's the

noise inside when driving? So take headliner out, take foam out then spray paint?

Thanks Again,
Gene

Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Rock Crawling
Default Sagging Headliner

I got some of these things called Saggy Stoppers, I believe that's what they are called. They are sort of like push pins except the pin is a spiral and the head is clear and flat. You screw them through the fabric and into the back board and they hold the headliner fabric up. I know this isn't the ideal answer, but it's better than having the fabric hanging down and it's cheap.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jycsalas
Check out my signature and https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=22938

I used 3 cans of black spray paint for mine. I am going to take pictures of my next headliner paint job following tweakrover's method. I got all the items yesterday and color matched the paint.

jycsalas, I like your signature, good idea. Your headliner looks good. It looks like a very soft suede like texture.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make sure if you do decide to paint it to use some of the kilz primer/sealer that way any residual adhesive from the original lining doesnt come through in your final paint...

but yeah pretty much just take out the headliner, strip the fabric and foam backing, prime it, paint it, and put it back in...

Old 07-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jycsalas

sweet, I have a method named after me. I'm so proud, I'd like to first thank God and secondly my parents for believeing in me, and my father-in-law for taking me to my first rover rally, and my wife for putting up with the hours of neglect while I work on it and for getting a job to help pay for premium gas at 14 mpg. Its been hard but at this moment its been all worth it.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Drifting
Default help!

Can anyone give me some detailinstructions on how to get the headliner out on a D1, I will like to paint it this weekend thanks.

Quick Reply: Help with Headliner...