Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help locating modifications in Spain

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 04:03 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help locating modifications in Spain

Hi all,

I have just bought a 2003 td5 with a view to creating a part-time expedition vehicle, more used for week long camping trips and holidays in Morocco.

Problem is I live in Spain and it is a lot harder to get parts out here. Do any of you know of companies that are based in Europe or that ship to Spain.

Also any hints and tips would be awesome, I thought I wanted a lift kit but I think instead I am going to go for upgraded suspension instead, the disco still has to be relatively comfortable on the road as I want to do road trips to the Pyrenees etc.

Any help or advice would be great

Old 06-16-2015, 05:28 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by marksleep
Hi all,

I have just bought a 2003 td5 with a view to creating a part-time expedition vehicle, more used for week long camping trips and holidays in Morocco.

Problem is I live in Spain and it is a lot harder to get parts out here. Do any of you know of companies that are based in Europe or that ship to Spain.

Also any hints and tips would be awesome, I thought I wanted a lift kit but I think instead I am going to go for upgraded suspension instead, the disco still has to be relatively comfortable on the road as I want to do road trips to the Pyrenees etc.

Any help or advice would be great
Buy your parts and spares in the UK as many ship to EU states and your choice is far greater and usually far cheaper. France for LR parts is a defo no no as they charge mega bucks.

Google Landrover Discovery 2 spares or parts and you will be inundated with options online.

If you have any problems PM me and I'll send you some reliable links.

PS. TD5 good choice and solid super reliable. I run a 2003 with 130K miles and so far no problems.

PPS. Take a look at the Terrafirma catalogue for shockers and springs.

http://www.terrafirma4x4.com/

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 06-16-2015 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:42 PM
4th Gear

Thanks for the reply, can't PM you yet, waiting on admin to approve my account, could you on me any links you have, might get the roof tent from gordigear they seen to have a place in Europe. The roof rack and everything else will have to be from the uk

Old 06-17-2015, 04:58 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by marksleep
Thanks for the reply, can't PM you yet, waiting on admin to approve my account, could you on me any links you have, might get the roof tent from gordigear they seen to have a place in Europe. The roof rack and everything else will have to be from the uk
Try some of these

https://www.google.fr/webhp?sourceid...20dealers%20uk

but avoid Britparts unless it's for non stressed, non wearing bolt on goodies.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:55 PM
4th Gear

Thanks for the help, got my stuff from devon4x4. They seemed really good and had a big selection of parts, got a britpart ladder, thought that would be ok!!