Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help picking between two 2001 Discos

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 07:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What he said

Originally Posted by Extinct
Based on the pics it looks like you live in a warm climate. I like sunroofs in hot climates, can crack the rear and vent the interior. I have perfected the sunroof seal and all sunroof trucks need the headliner replaced anyway unless you are in AZ or CA where it never rains anyway. That said, the white one will likely be cooler anyway due to color. The white one has vinyl seats but if they are cracked you can just replace them with leather anyway for pretty cheap.

116 is pretty low miles, I would expect it to be on the oem headgaskets and you can probably keep it that way if you replace the cooling system and keep a close eye on it.

I would probably buy the white one. It willl always be worth $2k more just due to the mileage difference. Do all the PM in my list and it will be super reliable for 110k. You would probably spend $500 of the difference on the rear bumper anyway.
You are going to spend time and money on either of these trucks (or any other Disco). If you have the tools and are handy, pick the one that you are most comfortable with from an apparent necessary preventive or corrective maintenance standpoint...