Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Please. codes, phantom no start

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 01:39 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help Please. codes, phantom no start

I just cleared the codes and can't find my paper I wrote them down on....fear not, they'll be back and I'll update.

I will get the codes updated. 4 out of 8 cyl's are showing a misfire...not one side and not one coil so we can rule that out.

Then I get some sort of A/C related code that shows up.

Again, I'll update this, but wanted to see if any of this triggered any thoughts from you guys. Now for the frustrating part....

It will every once in a while go into a no start mode. But then eventually restarts...AFTER I unhook the inertia switch and cycle it once, hook it back up and a few tries later it starts. WTF? (discovered that by dumb luck)

Also, it spent over a week at a shop and it never did anything out of the usual or threw a code. We went round and round about there's no way it's not throwing any codes. HOWEVER, he never drove it without his live scan tool hooked up. As soon as I left with it, codes came back. Picked him, cleared the same codes. We went for drive, everything was perfect and no codes. Why won't it throw a code with his scan tool plugged in?

He's not a rover expert, but he's pretty sharp. He was at a loss why it won't throw any codes while he's hooked up. He said everything looked to be in near perfect specs and could find nothing that concerned him. The only thing he noted was that it seemed very slow to communicate. The code list was a bad enough misfire that he agreed I shouldn't be driving it or I could be damaging the cats, but his scan tool said everything was fine.

What's involved with putting a new ECM in it? I hate throwing parts at it, but I'm at a complete loss, the shop is at loss.

Sorry for posting before I find the codes, but finally have time to post this.

Old 05-21-2020, 01:40 PM
Mudding

Follow up question......

The ECM (what whatever you're calling it) is behind the glovebox, correct?

Is this a plug and play swap or will it mess other stuff up?

Old 05-28-2020, 12:04 PM
Mudding

Let's start over. Recurring codes and occasional no start. 75k miles New-ish plugs and wires.

Codes:
P1300
P0300
P0301
P0305
P0306
P0307
P0308

Where do I start?