Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help purchasing in NC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2019, 09:46 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help purchasing in NC?

Let me preface with, I’m a total NOOB. I’m not a gear head at all, and have very limited knowledge of the ins and outs of a disco. That said...it’s a bucket list car for me. I’m finally to a place in life where I can buy one and against all the urgings of my family to run the other way I’m doing it anyway. I was hoping I may find a friend here who would be interested in helping me purchase a good one? Someone who knows what to look out for? I’m not opposed to doing work on one etc of course but I’d love help with finding one as good as I can get it to start. Since I’m not mechanically Inclined I know before I start this journey making friends who know their Disco’s is going to be important! Im in the Sandhills area of NC. I’m not quite ready to buy yet... we’re looking at spring of next year really but I’d love to chat and get to know some people now? Anyway, happy holidays guys! Lookin forward to my Disco journey!

Old 12-23-2019, 10:44 AM
Winching
Received 138 Likes on 100 Posts

Where are you located. I am in Charlotte.

I just purchased my first Disco and I'm still in the process of sorting it out.

I also have a Range Rover P38. The engines are the same for my Range Rover and Disco and there are other similarities.

Private Message me with your contact info and I'm glad to help to point you in the right direction.

Old 12-23-2019, 12:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm also in Charlotte and would be happy to help both of you guys with any kind of advice I could provide. I did all the maintenance on mine and know a few things to look for.

The following users liked this post:
OkraKing (12-24-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 01:38 PM
Winching
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm in Charlotte as well. Dang, we should start a club. Red Rover is in Charlotte too.

Old 12-23-2019, 01:58 PM
3rd Gear

I’m in the Southern Pines area but frequent the Charlotte area often! I would love to get all y’all info! Thank you so much!

Old 12-23-2019, 02:01 PM
3rd Gear

For some reason I can’t private message you guys? Please feel free to friend me on FB (Jordan Gray) or email me! Jordan.lemmond@yahoo.com , can’t wait to chat!

Old 12-23-2019, 02:45 PM
TReK
Received 481 Likes on 404 Posts

If you want to learn to work on a vehicle...you picked the right one, lol

The following 2 users liked this post by Sixpack577:
cvhyatt (12-23-2019), PalmettoDisco (12-30-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 08:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the Charlotte area, too, Waxhaw, NC. I'm on my 4th D2, should have my head examined, right?. I had a 2000 D2 that I drove for 4 years a before replacing with a new '04 in 04 - last model year. Drove that for 8 years and unfortunately wrapped it around a tree in an ice storm. Replaced it with another 04 D2 that I drove for three years. Sold it and bought an 03 that had already had a lot of overlanding options added to it. Started fresh with a new AB short block on it about 10K miles back. Finally have the latest edition equipped and running as I had dreamed when I bought my first one.

Great trucks, but, not for those without a lot of passion, patience and resources!

This forum is great resource and has given me the confidence over the years to take on a lot of the maintenance and upgrades on my own. If I can help let me know. Good luck. Charlotte members, let's get together.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:19 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 852 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by humroot
I'm in Charlotte as well. Dang, we should start a club. Red Rover is in Charlotte too.
REDR0VER is the license plate; my user name on this forum is mln01, as you can see. I'm in South Charlotte, near the Arboretum shopping center at Hwy 51 and Providence Rd. I've met keninnc, humroot and DiscoRover007. Two others local are cobbcj7 and mr. choodles, also in Charlotte. Maybe others.

I have a Hawkeye thanks to the generosity of a forum member that I am more than happy to use to help anyone local with a DII. It reads not only engine management codes but transmission, ABS, and SRS codes, plus can be used to change BCU settings like superlock.

Last edited by mln01; 12-23-2019 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:22 AM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm in Charlotte as well. Not much of a resource for the OP as I'm a new owner myself. Bought an '01 for my newly licensed 16yo to drive and for me to tinker with. My first ever vehicle was a '78 FJ-40 so I have some mechanical knowledge, but this Discovery is a different beast. Currently struggling with the 3 amigos and overly large tires that the PO installed ... forces me to lift it. I have no choice.

Quick Reply: Help purchasing in NC?