Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

herculiner disco roof

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010 | 08:51 PM
|
Rock Crawling
Default herculiner disco roof

I am thinking about painting my 94 Disco roof with a Herculiner, same with my front and rear bumpers, figure it will give the Disco a more rugged look. Has anyone done this yet, any ideas how easy this will be? I have priced the materials around $100, and from the research have done on the interweb its a weekend job. I have already removed the headliner and painted it that based on the write ups on this forum among other maintenance that has been long overdue from previous owner. Thanks in advance for the advice/ help.

Last edited by wynhd; 04-15-2010 at 08:54 PM. Reason: spelled wrong
Old 04-15-2010 | 09:04 PM
Pro Wrench

I did the interior floor of my 4runner. It came out great! However that was on metal and I have no clue how it would go on a roof liner.

I know that it will be easy with the headliner out and all, it should take you less than 2 hours, it literally just rolls on.. Super easy.

Old 04-16-2010 | 06:17 AM
Camel Trophy

Not sure if it will stick to the end caps. Should be fine on the metal bumper.

It may make the headliner heavy and cause the liner to sag. I would add a little fiberglass to the back side of the backer while you have it out.

Old 04-16-2010 | 08:26 AM

are you talking about the headliner or the actual roof?

Old 04-16-2010 | 08:57 AM
|
Rock Crawling

Sorry for the mix up, I intend to paint the outside roof. I have already removed the old headliner and painted that, lots of compliments thus far... I don't plan on rhino lining the end caps, just the steel bumpers.

Old 04-16-2010 | 09:11 AM
Drifting
Default Herculiner sucks!

I used it on the interior of my Toyota pickup I had a few years ago. It was very inconsistent. It was extremely hard to clean and the color faded quickly. Its so gritty that it holds the dirt. It also came up where I was working the clutch, which is probably expected. On the exterior I used a product called Raptor Liner. You can get it on Ebay and it comes with a spray gun for around $100. I have ordered some to do the interior, bumpers and grille of my Disco. Its smoother than most bedliners Ive seen and looked great.

Old 04-16-2010 | 10:03 AM

interesting.. .take pics of the rhino lined roof.

if i pull the carpet on my interior i would like to use some kind of liner. that ebay deal sounds tempting i would like to see pics of that if you do it.

Old 04-16-2010 | 10:27 AM
TReK
Default slow and steady

I Herculiner-ed the tub of my '74 Land Cruiser and it turned out great for what I was going for. Keep in mind that it will trap, and accelerate any rust so preparation is a must if you have any rust....I'm dealing with my poor preparation now

My advice with Herculiner is TAKE YOUR TIME prepping and rolling it on. Def take pics if you do it I think it will look sweet! You should blackout your hood too like this, only Herculiner.

Old 04-16-2010 | 06:45 PM
Drifting

Your hood looks sick by the way. I may do this to mine. This was about three years ago when I used the Herculiner, maybe it has improved in quality. I assure you though, the Raptor liner is badass. I bought 2 kits and did my entire truck. I will be using it on the interior of my Disco once the spray gun arrives. After looking at this picture I will probably do my hood as well. I was also thinking of doing a gravel strip at the bottom.

Old 04-16-2010 | 09:36 PM
|
Rock Crawling

Thanks guys, I will look up this Raptor Liner product and the gravel strip sounds good, maybe do the wheel arches too instead of getting fender flares.

Quick Reply: herculiner disco roof