Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

humidity/condensation in head light

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default humidity/condensation in head light

Hey everyone! I have been having a blast with my truck lately. With all of the rain we have been getting, I have had numerous opportunities to drive through some pretty deep mud. Discos look awesome when they are super muddy.

I have a 03' and one of my front headl ights has some condensation in it. Any idea of how to prevent that? How to get rid of that? Thanks!

Old 06-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: humidity/condensation in head light

Sounds like you have a bad seal, I can't remember if there is a drain pipe coming out from under the headlight or not, need to do some looking around.
Mike

Old 06-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Overlanding

Ah the dreded water in the head lights... There is no drain on the light assembly... Here is something that might help. The head lights are fairly easy to remove. You do have to remove the front grill to access a bolt on the inner side that holds to the chasis. Once you get those off along with the two top bolts the head lights come off pretty easy. (be careful with these units, 03' lights are expensive) After you get them off use a vacum/blower to get the water out. Remember to completely dry them. I have a small shop vac that blows alot of air and got it dried in a flash. The water usually creeps in from the outer sides of the lights not the bulb area. But, The bulb does have a gasket type ring that you should take a look at and make sure it is in good condition and in the right place. You can grab a light sealant from the auto store and apply along the edges. I found a non-messy one called seal tight. Its not like glue and applies very thin to the sides. Looks like a tube of tooth paste. NO MORE WATER IN THE LIGHTS FOR ME, hope this helps.

Old 06-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks!!!