Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got it up the a** with no vaseline

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I got it up the a** with no vaseline

On my way home yesterday I was sitting at a stop light and a yukon decided to check how well made the rear end of the rover is made. I'm not sure how fast he was going but I heard him lock up his brakes and before I could look he nailed me. He has insurance and is totally at fault. Since it is my daily driver I was wondering if I can work on it before thier insurance company comes out and takes a look at it. The exhaust is all bent up and luckily I was less than a mile away from home. I wish I would have taken pics of the yukon. The front end of the yukon was destroyed and had to be towed away. The rover was able to drive away with a little less power due to the exhaust. Also would this affect my new shocks and springs. It looks like everything is fixable but the way the blue books are on them they better not say that it is totalled. I will post some pics let me know what you guys think.

2000 disco 2, 102000 miles, BFG KM2 MT, OME lift

Old 01-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I got it up the a** with no vaseline

that sucks man, a pizza guy cut me off last week and im still waiting for the adjuster to come and look at it. really tore up my front left bumper and quater panel. needless to say his mercedes left on a roll back.
do a search on this forum for No More Pizza and you will see the pics i posted.
hopefully everything will work out for you.
everyone on here told me to upgrade to an ARB, serioulsy thinking about it.
ROSS

Old 01-22-2009, 04:00 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't do anything until the insurance adjuster looks at it. You don't want to fix something that they would otherwise pay you for. Possible exception to that is do something with the exhaust so it is drivable. The only way I think it would effect your suspension is if the frame got bent.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Cut the exhaust off right before the pinch so you can drive it and then dont touch anything else.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Mudding

Thanks for posting the pictures. The Disco held up well against a 6000 lbs Yukon.

No buckling in the body panels below the rear window which means that your frame is OK.

If they total it, be sure to buy it back from the insurance company, it looks like a nice SE7.

Great tires, what type are they, I need a set like that.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Mudding

Thank you all for the responses. The tires are BFG new mud terrain the KM2's. I have had them for about a month and am very impressed so far. Not much road noise and they have done great in the sand. I am still working on getting it ready for tough trails so I haven't tested them out fully. So far I would definately recomend them. So you all think that I can cut off the exhaust without problems from the insurance company. I would hate to get screwed because I touched it.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Winching

You have the photos..
Cut it off so you can drive it.. you dont want all that backpressure on the engine..

Old 01-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Rock Crawling

I have been rear ended twice in mine. I am thinking about wiring the red foglights in the bumper to come on with the brake lights. Too many multi taskers on the road now.

http://micom.net/oops/Sign13.jpg

Willie

Old 01-22-2009, 09:05 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

X2 on cutting the exhaust so you can drive it

Old 01-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Mudding

I will definately cut off the exhaust now. I haven't been driving it only drove it home after the accident. So hopefully just running for a few minutes didn't hurt anything. It did smell like it was running real rich. Thanks again I want to take it down the road to make sure that it feels right.

Quick Reply: I got it up the a** with no vaseline