Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have heated seats?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2004 "S" model with the Trail package. Any chance on the pre-wire? After the licking test that Spike 555 suggested, I think it's faux leather. I watched the vid at A.B., took off the cover plate and window switch plate, but only see one black connector and no green connector? I'm probably screwed on butt warmers, disappointing.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:48 PM
TReK
Received 504 Likes on 419 Posts

I have a 2003 S model with fake leather AND heated seats!

Came factory that way, S model ordered with cold weather package.

Fake leather is not an indicator that you do or don't have heated seats.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave03S
I have a 2003 S model with fake leather AND heated seats!

Came factory that way, S model ordered with cold weather package.

Fake leather is not an indicator that you do or don't have heated seats.
but cold weather package would have had the switches too. These guys are looking to see if they can get heated seats for free.. or for just the cost of the switches... in their non-cold weather package cars.

I've thought about adding it to my 03 S.... but it's about $100 per seat for the factory heating elements. Maybe I can get some cheap from a junker. Now that I think about it, I have an extra driver's seat I took out of my 99.... I'm 50% there!

Old 12-18-2012, 02:27 PM
TReK
Received 504 Likes on 419 Posts

I recently inquired at Land Rover Portland about the cost of a new element, it seems to be the only place to buy them...

$66.00 but they don't have them in stock and have to order them.

As I mentioned before there are apparently two types of elements, one with the wires clearly visible (repairable), and one that just looks like grey fabric glued to the foam with no visible wires... (not repairable that I can see.)

The latter being a newer replacement that is supposed to hold up longer with big American asses planted on them.

I've got the newer style as I had the drivers seat element replaced twice under extended warantee. The newer type in my truck is date marked 2007.

Last edited by Dave03S; 12-18-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Dave03S
I recently inquired at Land Rover Portland about the cost of a new element, it seems to be the only place to buy them...

$66.00 but they don't have them in stock and have to order them.

As I mentioned before there are apparently two types of elements, one with the wires clearly visible (repairable), and one that just looks like grey fabric glued to the foam with no visible wires... (not repairable that I can see.)

The latter being a newer replacement that is supposed to hold up longer with big American asses planted on them.

I've got the newer style as I had the drivers seat element replaced twice under extended warantee. The newer type in my truck is date marked 2007.
You can get the heater elements (seat and back) from bputah for $110/seat.

Edit: On a side note the BU Utah page says *ALL* my 99 and 2000 D2s came with pads and wiring, not sure if that's accurate or not tho (souce: https://bputah.com/Disco%202%20Acc/rcd2heat.htm)

Last edited by br0keit; 12-18-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Three Wheeling
Default Picked up Switches from parting out Disco

I got my switches and panel out of a disco that was being parted out. I didnt like the look of the aftermarket switches. All I had to do is pop out the center console cover connect the new switches, put the new cover in place and I am good to go. Just like it came from the factory.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Sometimes I have heated seats and sometimes I don't. It would be nice if they could be a little more predictable. . . like if I turn on the switch, they would be heated. It hasn't been a big priority to me yet.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone confirm that the pads and connectors are there in a 2000 D2 SD model?

According to the link at bputah.com this is the case.

Originally Posted by br0keit
You can get the heater elements (seat and back) from bputah for $110/seat.

Edit: On a side note the BU Utah page says *ALL* my 99 and 2000 D2s came with pads and wiring, not sure if that's accurate or not tho (souce: https://bputah.com/Disco%202%20Acc/rcd2heat.htm)

Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator
Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by microbc
Can anyone confirm that the pads and connectors are there in a 2000 D2 SD model?

According to the link at bputah.com this is the case.
Do you have leather?

Old 12-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by jafir
Do you have leather?
It does not have leather (has fake leather) but according to the info on bputah.com *ALL* 99 & 2000 models came with the pads and pre-wired.

Trying to confirm is this is accurate as there seems to be a lot of different statements about whichmodels and years came with what!

Quick Reply: I have heated seats?!