Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I want a disco 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 06:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by bcurtman
I recently sold a 96 Land Cruiser. If you haven't priced them recently, do a quick check on ebay. Then look at Lexus 450's-essentially the same rig. Ebay gives you realistic values because you are getting the vehicle in front of a world wide market. What it brings is what its worth. The old saying "it is worth whatever someone is willing to pay" rings true. I understand that in abc part of the country you can buy them for abc money, but if you put it on Ebay you can find out what it is truly worth on the big market. Bring a Trailer is the same way. Put a rusted out D2 on there and you will see what its worth. Put a clean good running one on there and a lot of you seem offended when it brings 5 figures. Why? Demand drives price. The fewer nice ones there are the more they will bring. And the trend is that modified is outpacing stock in all sectors of the used / classic / collector car market. So it is expected that a nice clean lifter rover is going to bring some jack. Not sure why anyone would be upset that a vehicle we all like brings good money. Unless it takes them beyond what you are willing to pay.....I played with jeeps hard for 25 years and then everyone jumped in and a piece of crap I used to buy at $500 is now worth $2500, so yes, I'm out of that market. Guns are the same way. The internet has opened up everyone's eyes to what is popular (demand) and now everyone is an expert on what it is worth. Bargains are pretty much just a lucky find nowadays, and typically the seller either doesn't know what they have or are disconnected from reality or the internet. Seen any $2500 66-77 Broncos out there lately?
Yeah, it's the "new" norm.....Good deals are total luck now, few and far between. Thanks for bringing me down....lol