Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle Issues, Antenna, Antilock

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 04:38 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle Issues, Antenna, Antilock

Hi guys! I have a 1996 Discovery with about 120k miles on it and am loving it! She (yes she) has developed an issue. First start, everything is ok, but if I start it when it is warm sometimes it will idle fine and sometimes it will just quit unless I keep a light foot on the accelerator pedal all the time. I turned up the idle a little and now it either idles high or just quits. Also the radio antenna snapped off, it is easy to change? My antilock is also acting odd, it drives of fine and the light goes off like it should. When i brake to a full stop though it does fint till about 5 mph and then the antilock engeges, even on dry pavement, and the light comes on and stays on. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 01-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Mudding
Default RE: Idle Issues, Antenna, Antilock

Not much expierence with the Disco's but the idle issues could be Fuel pump heading out, Idle Air Control, or a slew of other things. Antilock could be a wheel sensor, but i don't think that would be causing this problem, i would say maybe the ABS computer.

Old 01-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Mudding
Default RE: Idle Issues, Antenna, Antilock

Idle Issue:
First thing I would check is the Idle air control valve. Pop it off and clean it with carb cleaner. Be careful not to break off the little plastic "****". The replacement is about $200. I would also clean out the throttle body with carb cleaner.

ABS Issue:
First guess would be a bad sensor or badly seated sensor. First thing to try is push down on all the sensors to make sure they are seated properly. If this doesn't do it, then search on this site for ABS, as I posted the instructions and test procedure some time ago. If you have problems finding it, email me and I will send you a copy.

Good Luck.