Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ironbull Winch Bumpers? Anyone heard of them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Winching
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Ironbull Winch Bumpers? Anyone heard of them?

So I was perusing the web tonight looking at winch bumpers and came across this site:

http://www.ironbullbumpers.com/landrover2.html

Never heard of these guys before. The first pictures are kinda scary, but if you scroll through them they have a pic of a pretty decent looking winch bumper. I have no idea about pricing; they dont list prices on the website.

Anyone heard of them or had any experience with them before?

Old 01-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those bumpers look awesome! Go for it. Let us know how they are.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have seen this site before. I think the bull bars are cool in an over the top way, you would have to go all out with the truck to make it look right.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have looked at these, but never seen one in person. They are over the top, and a little more than I want on my D2, so I passed. But, I will have to agree, if they are made well, they do not seem to be going anywhere, but would need more accessories along that same line to balance out the look of your rover.

Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 01-06-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

These are the kind of bumpers we always see on Dodge Ram or big crew-cab diesel fords and chevy's with 6+" of lift...

A little much for me... I like the ARB bumpers an awful lot, but that's about as much bumper as I think these trucks can handle. The version without the "brush-guard", starting around pic 14 or so, looks pretty good.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they are a little too much chunky for the clean lines of the Disco. Plus that leaves the winch very low. If I am buying a bumper I would go with a slimmer profile.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:04 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by handsome rob
I think they are a little too much chunky for the clean lines of the Disco. Plus that leaves the winch very low. If I am buying a bumper I would go with a slimmer profile.
I thought they looked chunky too. For some reason they look really heavy too, but obviously I can't tell that by a pic.

The only thing I don't really like, they dont seem to line up with the grille like some of the really well made bumpers do. Maybe that's just me and my attention to detail (gets me in trouble a lot)... haha

Old 01-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I just looked again at the other pics without the full bar - looks pretty good, and with just the light bar. With a more traditional bar across the front I think it would work pretty good, but may not give you as much approach angle as some other bumpers I have seen.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

agreed the brush bar is hideous, im with Cam in wondering WTF it weighs cuz it looks really heavy. IMO I think the new TF winch bumper for the D2 is the best looking thing out.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
agreed the brush bar is hideous, im with Cam in wondering WTF it weighs cuz it looks really heavy. IMO I think the new TF winch bumper for the D2 is the best looking thing out.
Link?

Quick Reply: Ironbull Winch Bumpers? Anyone heard of them?