Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's BLASPHOMY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's BLASPHOMY!!!!

haha, whats up guys I have been a member here for a little while, but havent been too active. I think I'll be changing that as I will -attempt- to give back where in the past I have certainly taken. Well, I live in NYC, and sadly I just won't be going offroad soon so I thought I'd torment a few of you purists with pictures of my truck LOL. It's just a wheel change, and asthetics so don't get too vexed. Anyway, I look forward to talking to you all in the future.

Name:  rover7-1.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  42.8 KB
Name:  rover10.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  56.8 KB
Name:  rover6.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  60.6 KB
Name:  rover11.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  84.4 KB

I have to take pictures of the custom double-din install I did a while back, but there you have it.... a big no-no in the rover community lol. Cheers.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:45 PM
Three Wheeling

Hey, I like it.

Old 04-02-2010, 06:18 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wanna trade t-cases??

That is a VERY nice looking truck. Where did you get the custom lettering for the rear gate? And, don't beat yourself up too much, to each his own, but did you have to pick an '04 for a street rod?? Anyways, thanks for sharing!

Old 04-02-2010, 06:55 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you should be shot for doing that to an '04

Old 04-02-2010, 06:58 PM
Winching
Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

haha i think it looks great, not too flashy

Old 04-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Drifting

hey thanks guys, I know the '04 holy grail last year made center locking etc haha. When I bought this way back when, I had offroad fantasies too, then reality set in lol.

As far as the letters go..try eBay motors and search "letters" I believe. They are about .99 cents per. They only come chrome, so I sanded mine down to the plastic and painted them a pearl black. Nothing too fancy, quick job on a small detail but it looks decent I think. Just make sure you use an adhesion promoter for plastics.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:57 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Brokenrover
hey thanks guys, I know the '04 holy grail last year made center locking etc haha. When I bought this way back when, I had offroad fantasies too, then reality set in lol.

As far as the letters go..try eBay motors and search "letters" I believe. They are about .99 cents per. They only come chrome, so I sanded mine down to the plastic and painted them a pearl black. Nothing too fancy, quick job on a small detail but it looks decent I think. Just make sure you use an adhesion promoter for plastics.
Thanks for the info, those letters look real slick.

I understand the "reality set in" line My Disco is my "commuter car" 100 miles a day, not what the Rover Gods had intended, but I love every mile I'm in it.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wish my rover looked that clean, mines all beat up/ cut up/ scratched up/ missing plastic bits/ loud/ and dirty but she likes it that way

Old 04-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

if you ever decide to sell your gangsta Brownsville rims and throw some normal rims and tires on that thing and don't mind crossing a bridge or tunnel and want to live that old dream of getting dirty let us know... our club is in my signature, we have two members from NYC and I'm in Westchester.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Drifting

yeah, not sure I'd call them brownsville gangsta wheels. These are high end wheels. Maybe not beneficial for offroad, but ghetto? Guess all those Lamborghini owners with HREs must be from the hood LOL. In any case, yeah I have some 15" with Nittos for the rare opportunity I take it offroad like the beach or upstate NY. I'll check out the site.