Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking Coolant in cabin

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Changed my heater core a week ago. The main thing is be very patient bc it is way to easy to bend and break the heater hoses and core. I opted to not remove the dash. I removed the center console and the cover under the ac blower, then the glove box. After the glove box was out I removed the metal brace that sits under the glove box(4 little bolts). After that there's a black metal brace(2 nuts). The dash will flex a lot now, I used a few large zip ties around the bottom of the dash to under the passenger seat to keep the dash pulled out of my way. All you really have left is very carefully removing the hoses from the core and reinstalling everything in reverse. I will admit to bending one inlet to the new heater core while trying to reinstall it and it took around 45 min to get it bent back right, so if you're feeling risky you can try my way to cut out a little time ( given you don't break anything) but looking back it would have prolly been much less stressful to just remove the dash.