Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaks at the sunroof!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2021, 07:13 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaks at the sunroof!!!

I have two 04 discos and both were wet at the headliner! I sealed up around the sunroof with flex seal but the front driver side a post is still wet after it rains! Any ideas what else could be leaking at the roof?

Old 03-18-2021, 09:05 AM
TReK
Received 768 Likes on 636 Posts

One of the most common issues with these trucks; there are dozens of threads about it on this forum. The sunroof tray drains break so the rain leaks into the liner instead of being routed away.
You may need to remove the headliner in order to do a full repair, as it will probably involve removing and repairing the sunroof trays.

Old 03-18-2021, 12:31 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 353 Likes on 227 Posts

Mine does this too, even after I put some sealant up there. I don’t use the sunroofs so a full repair is relatively low on the priority list but had to stop the leaks because I live in famously rainy Washington. My temporary solution was to buy a sheet of 3M automotive grade vinyl and slap it over the whole sunroof. It’s held up pretty good so far over 2ish years, maybe a little too good as I never seem to be able to make a full repair move up on the priority list! One day...

Old 03-18-2021, 01:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesc233
I have two 04 discos and both were wet at the headliner! I sealed up around the sunroof with flex seal but the front driver side a post is still wet after it rains! Any ideas what else could be leaking at the roof?
Can you post a photo of your "repair". That may help in determining if you are having water leak under the sunroof frame, or if its just the gasket under the roof bars that has worn out and it is leaking from there.

Old 03-19-2021, 12:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 120 Likes on 94 Posts

Its common for the water to get in because the sunroof frame is no longer sealed on the metal roof, as well as the actual seal under the glass in not fitted in place correctly letting water pass, if you want to do the job correctly remove the headliner, remove both front and real sunroof frames reseal them on the out side, make sure the drain are not blocked tie wrap the hoses into the inside frame, recover your headliner if it needed /or just strip and paint it, the refit it all back job done

did mine last year.....

The following users liked this post:
H Hill (09-27-2021)