Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this lift possible

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this lift possible

From fiddling around on my previous disco I know that the rear coils swapped into the front will lift the front, and then I can plonk some OME or Dobison coils in the rear.

How much lift will I get from rear swap to the front. I know I'll get all sorts of comments It'll ride funny or whatever, If it does I can always plonk OME's or whatever I have decided to get in the front aswell.

Thanks

DD

Old 10-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is this lift possible

How many miles are on the truck? If it's anymore than ~60K they have probably sagged enough to not yield much of a lift at all. Just get a set of OME's or RTE's.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Drifting

*sigh*

I asked if it is possible, not if the springs were sagged, I've got a set of stocks from my previous disco and new stocks ones are dirt cheap.

Thanks for tyring anyway

Old 10-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, this used to be referred to as the CB lift-Cheap Bastard!

It'll get you about 2" of lift.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Drifting

Lol well thats excatly people who know me call me..Cheap bastard .....I'm on this never ending quest for getting the best and the biggest bang for my buck...Why do you thing I love Landies so much

Old 10-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry man, cheap bastard and Land Rover are like water and oil. Yes it is possible, but why go through all that work if the springs have sagged? I know you asked if it's possible, but do you not see the relevance of my question though? Any spring that has sagged will never net as much of a lift is my point. DiscoMike already mentioned about using the other stock springs. They'll give you more load capacity, but not really a lift. What are your intentions with the truck?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

ORIGINAL: desertdude

*sigh*

I asked if it is possible, not if the springs were sagged, I've got a set of stocks from my previous disco and new stocks ones are dirt cheap.

Thanks for tyring anyway
New stock or HD springs will only give you back the inch you lost as part of the coils sagging, why buy another set just to have it happen again. By the way, OME's are less expensive then going to the dealer for a new set of factory springs.
Buy the OME's and do it right the first time.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Drifting

Thanks for the concern, but none of the springs have sagged. I'll have to look up discomikes post.

My intention is lift it at a minimum of 2" put a set of at least 275/75's and wheel it real hard in the sand dunes. The skinny 225's are useless in the sand even when air downed to 10psi and you need as much clearance as possible when crossing dune crests.

I've had this setup before in my 96 but the coils were OME on stock shocks as you really dont need any articulation or wheel travel in the sand dunes. Stiffer shocks do help but not a whole lot.

So this is not some poser mod for a mall crawler. Hopefully very soon will be posting pics of it in the dunes

Old 10-08-2008, 12:28 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

10 psi for a vehicle as heavy as a rover is taking a chance you'll pop a bead without bead locks.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Drifting

People air down to 8 psi and if running a wider tyre( 285/305's ) on a skinnier rim will even go down to as low as 3 psi .

Yes they do experience pop outs. I personally stay close to 15psi which is a good pressure. On occasion in very soft and powdery sand have gone down to 8/10 psi but have to be carefull making turns at speed or when crossing dunes sideways

Quick Reply: Is this lift possible