Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

locked out of disco! need your help ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default locked out of disco! need your help ASAP!

Hey guys, its been about 9 days since I've drove my 03 disco and now I need it and I'm locked out!!! I don't have the keyless entry remote (lost by previous owner), I just have a key itself that I use to manually lock/unlock the doors. The key turns fine, but nothing! Are these locks battery/power assisted? I just put a new battery in 2 months ago! Is a dead battery causing this?! Please help! What should I do?

Old 05-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default i just did a post on this 2 weeks ago

i just did a post on this as it happened to my daughters 2000 dII. I will see if i can find it. What you need to do is get another truck or car with about the same cranking amps to jump your dead truck. You need to connect the neg jump wire to the engine block..i used the oil pan . You need to connect the pos jumper connector to the starter pos terminal. I had a special aligator clip which was able to fit up underneith the starters heat shield. You just dont have alot of space. You could connect the positive to a long screwdriver would work. Connect the jumpers to the other truck and startup. Crawl under your truck and clamp the neg jumper connector to the oil pan and touch the screwdriver to the positive starter terminal on the starter. Have someone at the drivers door and you should here the locks click or see the alarm light light up. . Now you can open the hood and jump it normally.

Thats it... let me know if this worked. Chris

Old 05-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok. i got inside the disco. i had to turn the key HARD. but absolutely no power. tried the power lock button from inside and got nothing. turned the key, and nothing. no sort of noise at all when i try to turn her over. im going to go ahead and assume i need to jump start it. although it has been 9-10 days since ive drove it i am surprised the battery would die since its only a couple of months old.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default you need to make sure your alarm is off.

Make sure your alarm is off or it could superlock when you jump it. keep a door open when you jump it as when you get power again it will try to lock itself. when you get power turn the door lock to disengage the alarm. When you get power to it and a door is open the ecu will think it's been stolen if i am not mistaken. I have a RR that was a big pain to do as i lost my radio code and it superlocked.

Chris

Old 05-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Once you get it running again have your alternator tested.
If it is not charging the battery fully it will go dead when it sits for a long time.