Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man!!!! Broke the breather fitting where it goes into plenum

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Man!!!! Broke the breather fitting where it goes into plenum

This is really getting fun now!!!!

I am inching ever closer now but keep stumbling.

I just broke the fitting from the plenum that attaches to the right side breather hose.

Anyone had any luck finding a fitting anywhere or rigging anything up? I called the dealership and they couldn't find a part #.

I really need to get this thing done.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Details? What plenum are you talking about? Upper intake? Air box to upper intake?

Old 04-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Winching

He's probably talking about the upper intake. I have heard of those breaking before. The plastic becomes brittle from the heat of the engine.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Drifting

Where the breather hose from the right side rocker cover going into the plenum chamber. Right next to where the brake servo hose connects.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:47 PM
Winching

Have you been able to remove the plastic fitting. The reason that I ask is because that is pushed in with pressure and they usually break off flush with the aluminum housing making it more difficult to remove.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Drifting

Darn that is what I was thinking it was... Yes it broke off flush. I was able to get it out. I put a propane torch on it just briefly to loosen it up and melt it a bit and pulled it out.

Is there a land rover part # for it?

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 852 Likes on 620 Posts

I broke both the breather hose fitting you described and the brake servo vacuum pipe while lying on the engine changing the plug wires. I just bought a brass version at Lowe's that was an exact duplicate of the breather hose fitting, both the hose barb end and the threaded end. Just take your broken pieces to Lowe's, The Home Depot, or your local Ace or mom and pop hardware store and look in the plumbing section. Mine was under five bucks, I recall. I just wrapped the threaded end with Teflon tape and it screwed right in.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by mln01
i broke both the breather hose fitting you described and the brake servo vacuum pipe while lying on the engine changing the plug wires. I just bought a brass version at lowe's that was an exact duplicate of the breather hose fitting, both the hose barb end and the threaded end. Just take your broken pieces to lowe's, the home depot, or your local ace or mom and pop hardware store and look in the plumbing section. Mine was under five bucks, i recall. I just wrapped the threaded end with teflon tape and it screwed right in.
x2 Replacing it with a brass one is the way to go.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:30 AM
Drifting

So it is threaded right and not pressed? I went to lowes today and they didnt have anything that would fit. I will try home depot and ace tomorrow.

On the break servo did you just replaced the entire hose that included the fiting?

Old 04-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Drifting

I broke mine also when changing the plug wires, I found a brass one at Advance Auto, fit like a charm.

Quick Reply: Man!!!! Broke the breather fitting where it goes into plenum