Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Mike same problem Help! Anyone!?!?! (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/mike-same-problem-help-anyone-11350/)

mooal5 01-18-2008 12:50 PM

Mike same problem Help! Anyone!?!?!

I have a 96 disco that likes to lose power under load. Its as if someone is pinching the fuel line. Dosn't happen all the time but if i am on the highway going up a hill and lay into it a bit she just cuts off fuel. dosn't die just wont respond. It will eventually fight thru it because she is the best. I have put on the ignition wires and plugs you recomended and a new fuel filter. But the same result. It has also been cranking a few more times to turn over when starting. Anymore ideas? Thanks to all!!

FJL 01-18-2008 01:12 PM

RE: Mike same problem Help! Anyone!?!?!

I'm trying to work this out as well. Same symtoms. I've changed two front O2 sensors and will change the rears now. Mike suggested running a can of BG 44k through the gas tank. When I solve the problem (with Mikes help) I'll post. Pls do the same.

Frank

okdiscoguy 01-18-2008 01:15 PM

Test fuel pressure at the rail. At idle and at 2500RPM. Cold and hot.

Does it feel like it might be mis-firing? The early D1's didn't have carbon cutters on the valves, and if you let it carbon up, the exhaust valves can get stuck open...

Might also think about an induction cleaning and a can of 44K as well....

mooal5 01-18-2008 01:19 PM

I will keep you up to date on my progress. Can i pick up this 44k at autozone? I seafoamed about 2 months ago when I begun this process. Im thinking maby a fuel pump relay. Knowen to be a weak link.

Disco Mike 01-18-2008 03:08 PM

Fuel pump relays have been known to act up on Rovers, so possible problem.
As for the B&G, Napa has many of their products.

spoon 01-18-2008 05:54 PM

Check your voltages. Hey Mike, if you had abnormal/weak voltages at key components, wouldn't that be a cause for the fuel-injection to not work properly?

willstevens 01-19-2008 08:34 AM

None of the auto parts places here in Greater Cinci/Northern Ky carry B&G. If you go to the B&G website you can search shops in your area that use them. I just went to one of those shops and they have given me a pretty good deal on the entire line up of products.

Disco Mike 01-19-2008 09:59 AM

ORIGINAL: spoon

Check your voltages. Hey Mike, if you had abnormal/weak voltages at key components, wouldn't that be a cause for the fuel-injection to not work properly?
Low voltage will effect the ECU causing it to do all sorts of weird stuff.