Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mobil 1 drive around the world

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mobil 1 drive around the world

Ya, but they are most likely ARB air locked.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Darover

Ya, but they are most likely ARB air locked.
Thanks, Iwas gonna say that...I'll bet they changed the transfer case as well. Couln't believe they would rely on the 3 amigo's to not go off for a 1.5 year offroad adventure.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:58 AM

I agree it would be interesting to know what mods were done to those 03's. Regardless, it's cool that they used my year model to do all that stuff, even if they gutted the whole thing and just used the body.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:25 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh yeah. I am not trying to take away from that at all. Just trying to say that they wouldn't take any stock Disco out there. Any year. I am happy they used Disco's. I even find it hard to cheer for Robbie Gordon now, driving a hummer.

Old 08-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle

BTW, I, by no means meant anything by my reply regarding the 2003s. Center locking diff is real nice and everything, but I think that the person behind the wheel has more importance than the CDL.

I've been to places with my Trac-lock limited slip equippedJeep TJ, that guys with TJ Rubicons couldn't get to. It's true that I would have gone even further with a Rubicon, but I most likely wouldn't have the guts to take it there. The idea of damaging a rig just to get to a place that I don't have to go for the sole reason of having braging rights does not appeal to me. I'm lucky, my 2000 Discovery was equiped withCDL when I bought it. But I could very wellhave lived without it. If I ever have an urgent need to go rockcrawling or mud bogging, I'll buy an ATV !!!!

Old 08-23-2007, 10:21 PM

I didn't take offense to any of your replies.I'm surethat those 03's in the video weren't completely stock. I was just having fun with the fact that03's (often bashed here) were seen doinga lot ofserious stuff in the video. It's all good.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:03 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello there, sorry for the late reply. ODYSSEY has been keeping me busy. Its up to Episode 8 on OLN in Canada now so tune in. Looks like you are interested in what we did to the Landies. Well I'll give you the basics and then I'd recommend the official website www.odysseyshow.com (Click on "Expedition" and then "Vehicles") and you'll get every detail of accessories. Or just click here. ODYSSEY VEHICLES

They were stock 2003 Certified Pre-owned Land Rovers from California. Most were Rentals in their previous first year of life. The only performance enhancements were ARB Old Man Emu springs and shocks. Pro Comp steel rims and BF-GoodRich Mud TA's. We started out with 33's but had to downsize to 31's due to fender wear and tire gouging. Nope. We didnt have any lockers in the dif or transfer case. The train was stock. The rest of the modifications were mostly upgrading lighting and bumpers, recovery eqiup and rooftop tents/storage.

Adam

Old 01-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Everybody always wants to modify their Rover. They want big tires, huge lift, etc. Thats fine if that is what you want to do, but I am happy to have the most capable off road vehicle in the world and know that it can do more than I will ever be brave enough to do and it is 100% stock.
I hope that this Odyssey show comes to the states.

And I am really pissed that they had to cancel the Dakar this year. I was really looking forward to Mitsu winning again and making it 8 years in a row.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Rock Crawling

When are us Yank's in the US going to be able to get it? I haven't seen anything about it other then Mobile 1 commercials.

-Ug

Old 01-10-2008, 12:20 PM
4th Gear

Back when I worked for K&N, we put this together: http://knfilters.com/world/site/

Enjoy!

-- DavidV

Quick Reply: Mobil 1 drive around the world