Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Model Designations - 7 Passenger

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 11:07 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, thanks for the replies guy. With the exception of a Suburban/Excursion, there really aren't many vehicles with 3rd row seats that give you more than 12" from the bumper to the back of the actual seat. We only have 5 in our family but occasionally we'll drive my parents around to dinner or somewhere and we'd like the option of having the two extra seats that my kids could jump in to. Right now we're in a Mercedes E station wagon with the rear facing seat. At least with the Disco it is higher off the ground than the wagon.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:09 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Spike555
SD is base model, no sun roofs and fake leather.
SE (LE) is middle, sun roofs, heated seats real leather better stereo.
HSE all options even better stereo.
Any with a "7" means 7 passenger.
The third row is how they found Saddam Hussein, they put 2 of his guards back there are drove them around the block, 5 mins and they were talking.
This is exactly what I was looking for! Lol @ poor Saddam...

Originally Posted by Spike555
When I was a kid we rode in the back of open top pickups and on the wheel humps in the back of Suburbans.
I used to lay across the rear window ledge of my moms Galaxy 500 while going down the road.
We did the same thing!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:36 AM
3rd Gear

if my 99 LR Disco II didn't come w/the jump seats, is there a way to get them added? I talked to a local guy who specializes in fixing up old LRs and he didn't know and had never done it before. Would this be a huge project? I did some research into buying the kits and they were around $500.00 or so.

(we sat in the back window of my dad's Barracuda. "I get the back-back!")

Old 08-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Winching
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

These guys might be right about safety concerns, but my kids love the 3rd row. My 9 yr old just told me the the ride back there is more 'exciting' because its bouncy and the bumps feel bigger...

I wouldn't want them riding back there all the time, but it's really nice to have the extra seats when we have family in town.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Winching
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by remo5
if my 99 LR Disco II didn't come w/the jump seats, is there a way to get them added? I talked to a local guy who specializes in fixing up old LRs and he didn't know and had never done it before. Would this be a huge project? I did some research into buying the kits and they were around $500.00 or so.

Yes. They can be added. Mine didn't have the 3rd row and I was able to get it put in. The guys that did mine said it was a PITA as most of the trim for the cargo area has to be replaced. Also, if you aren't using the truck for off-roading and you're thinking about putting kids back there, don't forget to get the little step and the grab bar for the cargo door so they can close it from the inside.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:29 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks Dave,

Do you remember the costs associated w/getting those added? It would be pretty convenient to get them added. Also, did a dealership do the work for you or an independent? Thanks again!

Old 08-20-2010, 12:58 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by remo5

This topic has been ridden to death, yes get a donor 7 seater and swap all the kit out. How much $ depends on your negotiating skills.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Rock Crawling

third row seating Toyota FZJ 80 and UZJ 100.....both have adequate room....lol the rear seating in my disco is a bit of a stretch I can only imagine what a third row is like...lol

Old 08-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was a kid we needed more room in our family Suburban, my dad set a VW bus seat back there for us. I do mean set, we thought it was really fun to slide forward at hard stops. If we hit something with kids on that seat they would fly forward decapitating the entire family. Oh good times, good times.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bikingteacher
When I was a kid we needed more room in our family Suburban, my dad set a VW bus seat back there for us. I do mean set, we thought it was really fun to slide forward at hard stops. If we hit something with kids on that seat they would fly forward decapitating the entire family. Oh good times, good times.
Kids were tougher then, everyone would have survived.

Quick Reply: Model Designations - 7 Passenger