Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moving to Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:00 AM
|
Mudding
Default Moving to Colorado

My wife and I have wanted to live in Colorado for many years. Luckily my job (and hers) has allowed us to relocate to the best state in the USA ;-)

We bought a new house and we will be all moved in by Feb' 23rd.

Just curious what kind of LR clubs are out there, also any links would be great!

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:05 AM
Camel Trophy
Default RE: Moving to Colorado

http://www.solihullsociety.org/

(link posted with envy)

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:07 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the BEST STATE out there.
Are you already hear, if so, would you like to go to the clubs bi-monthly dinner/meeting/BS section on the 12th of this month?
What city are you moving into?

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:11 AM
|
Mudding

ORIGINAL: okdiscoguy

http://www.solihullsociety.org/

(link posted with envy)
Thank you Sir!

Heck I have been jealous my whole life since I was 14 when my Mom would send me to my uncles house in The Black Forrest for the summer. I complained until I got there. After the first summer I begged to go everyone!

Every night since this became a done deal I haven't slept, it's like the night before X-mas when we were kids, but it has lasted over a month!

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:16 AM
|
Mudding

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

Welcome to the BEST STATE out there.
Are you already hear, if so, would you like to go to the clubs bi-monthly dinner/meeting/BS section on the 12th of this month?
What city are you moving into?

No, we won’t be moved in until Feb' 23rd. In the future I would love to be involved with the clubs doings! Any chance that the wives can join dinners, excursions etc.? She loves all the mud sports also ;-)

Our house is in Loveland. We wanted to be further in the mountains (Dillon, Frisco, Silverthorne etc.) but it is too far of a commute for her and I ;-(

Where are you in CO Mike?

Our 5 year plan is to build a big log home on as many acres as we can afford ;-)

We still can't believe how cheap houses are compaired to PA.

I attached some pics of our house...

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:20 AM
Camel Trophy

My parents had a condo in Vail growing up. We went skiing every spring and horsback riding/rafting every summer. They sold it when I graduated college. My wife has never been skiing, and we had our first chance this year for a good friend's wedding, but they called off the wedding.

Hope you enjoy it. The house looks great (posted with even more envy now.....)

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:24 AM
|
Mudding

ORIGINAL: okdiscoguy

My parents had a condo in Vail growing up. We went skiing every spring and horsback riding/rafting every summer. They sold it when I graduated college. My wife has never been skiing, and we had our first chance this year for a good friend's wedding, but they called off the wedding.

Hope you enjoy it. The house looks great (posted with even more envy now.....)
Thanks bud.

We will be "using" the state for everything it has to offer. Ski, bike, hike, camp, kayak, canoe, 4x4'ing, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, the list goes on. Add 2-3 more German Shepherds to the two we have already.

We feel very fortunate to be able to live there.

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:26 AM
Mudding

S4poor

I am in Fort Collins, give me a call when you get out here. I am going to be joining solihull as well and we can see about travelling down to the get-togethers...

matt rickman
970-412-1394

p.s. would love to see your S4 as well.. .I am a VW/Audi guy besides being into the rovers

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:31 AM
TReK

Beautiful home. I am aspiring to be a real estate developer, and that house would be a great one to model after. I'm might call you in the future for the blue print.

I have been to Denver many times Colorado is an amazing place, I would love to go on the trails there! Moving is tough, but once you are settled in you will love it there! Good luck!

Old 02-05-2008 | 10:38 AM
|
Mudding

ORIGINAL: mattrickman

S4poor

I am in Fort Collins, give me a call when you get out here. I am going to be joining solihull as well and we can see about travelling down to the get-togethers...

matt rickman
970-412-1394

p.s. would love to see your S4 as well.. .I am a VW/Audi guy besides being into the rovers
Will do Matt!

As for the S4, she is being sold to a friend of mine in the next week or two ;-(

The wife and I can't justify (or afford) 3 cars and all the toys we want to buy once we move. It is very sad after all of the work, money, sweat and tears I have put into this car to sell her, but that is the easiest thing to let go at this point.

I do however plan to get either a 90 Coupe Quattro, or a UR S4 in the near future and mod the heck out of her. (Not too hard to make the 20v turboinline5 banger put out 500+ whp for a third of what it cost me to do the B5/S4.

Either way, I will get in touch once we are all settled in.

Brendon Kelly 215-435-9493.

Quick Reply: Moving to Colorado