Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

muddy rover pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 07:18 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Nite/Cam - nice pics

mjbrox - What happened next? I hope you didn't have to have a smelly J**P pull you out
well, it was a rubicon and he did have a winch

his truck is also not the smelly one. Mine is. Holy crap is it a mess. I am going to pull the carpets this week.

Last edited by mjbrox; 04-13-2010 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by NiteTrain
mjbrox, whoa I think you have me beat..do you have video of the recovery? Did everything work after you pulled it out?
no video but I have some pics.

After we got it out, the Air filter was soaked (see picture), and water had definitely gone into the intake manifold. So we pulled all the plugs and cranked the motor. Water blew three of the cylinders. Two of them pretty badly. So we installed all but the two soaked cylinders and ran the motor on six for about 15 seconds, reinstalled the spark plugs and then it ran fine.(and I was soooooooo happy)

When I got back to camp, I checked my diffs, went nuts cleaning the intake ect and I was good to go.

Problem is that the PCV got clogged causing it to blow my rear main seal. I lost 2 quarts of oil on my 300 mile trip.

Attached Thumbnails muddy rover pics-recovery-start.jpg   muddy rover pics-recovery-1.jpg   muddy rover pics-recovery-2.jpg   muddy rover pics-wet-filter.jpg   muddy rover pics-soooo-happy.jpg  

Old 04-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Three Wheeling

my son was asleep through the entire thing

Attached Thumbnails muddy rover pics-rover-alex.jpg  
Old 04-13-2010, 10:31 AM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rrhyne
Calling the mall crawler in those photos muddy, gives a bad name to rovers.
Damn, are you still around? You're like HIV, just won't go away. Which incidentally you probably have from all the homosexual activity. 2" lift on 31s? Yeah you've got a real rock crawling beast there. My plan is 3" of lift and 33's but I used the money to buy an AR-15 and LOTS of ammo because I knew it would **** off liberal *** clowns like you.

mjbrox, that was smart thinking to pull plugs and purge water out. If you haven't already I would change engine oil.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:36 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, are you still around? You're like HIV, just won't go away. Which incidentally you probably have from all the homosexual activity. 2" lift on 31s? Yeah you've got a real rock crawling beast there. My plan is 3" of lift and 33's but I used the money to buy an AR-15 and LOTS of ammo because I knew it would **** off liberal *** clowns like you.
Translation based on your mud claims:

"I drove to the mall and bought a BB gun and lots of plastic BBs but accidentally hit a puddle on the way there."

Old 04-13-2010, 03:12 PM
TReK

Translation based on your mud claims:

"I drove to the mall and bought a BB gun and lots of plastic BBs but accidentally hit a puddle on the way there."
I try to avoid mud because its not good for moving parts. I've been off-roading 4x4s for 16 years and have wheeled everything from stock Jeeps to built rigs on 1 tons and 42s. What's your experience? (Off-roading experience that is..no Lance Bass name dropping please) BTW if you think 3,200 ft/sec is plastic BBs you're welcome to try and stop one.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I try to avoid mud because its not good for moving parts. I've been off-roading 4x4s for 16 years and have wheeled everything from stock Jeeps to built rigs on 1 tons and 42s. What's your experience? (Off-roading experience that is..no Lance Bass name dropping please) BTW if you think 3,200 ft/sec is plastic BBs you're welcome to try and stop one.
Instead of talking, he plays. And when he better play, he talks.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:13 PM
TReK

Instead of talking, he plays. And when he better play, he talks.
Shouldn't you be quoting George Bernard Shaw or Sol Lewinsky?

Old 04-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I had a little fun in mine:

Name:  100_3023.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  108.2 KB

Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 PM
TReK

tornado, I'm guessing you were driving slow through some really sticky mud?

Quick Reply: muddy rover pics