Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My '03 has no letter emblems.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My '03 has no letter emblems.

None. The land rover isn't on the hood, and the discovery II letters are not on the back. What would that mean? Maybe the truck was in a pile-up once and had to have a new hood and hatch? If I ever decided to spend the money, would the dealer put them on? Very strange.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:08 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jwfuller
None. The land rover isn't on the hood, and the discovery II letters are not on the back. What would that mean? Maybe the truck was in a pile-up once and had to have a new hood and hatch? If I ever decided to spend the money, would the dealer put them on? Very strange.
Previous owner probably de-badged it...just something that people do. It seems very popular with Audi and BMW owners to try and disguise their A4's to look like S4's, and their 318's look like M3's.

Buy the decals on eBay or from www.roverparts.com...for goodness sake don't let the dealer do it, you will have to take out a second mortgage to afford a dealer decal job

Old 05-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
Previous owner probably de-badged it...just something that people do. It seems very popular with Audi and BMW owners to try and disguise their A4's to look like S4's, and their 318's look like M3's.

Buy the decals on eBay or from www.roverparts.com...for goodness sake don't let the dealer do it, you will have to take out a second mortgage to afford a dealer decal job

It's not really about people trying to disguise cars, it's looking clean with nothing obstructing the lines of the car.

Not a big deal on a Disco since the body lines resemble a brick but really common on other cars.

Old 05-14-2011, 01:47 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by JoeM5952
It's not really about people trying to disguise cars, it's looking clean with nothing obstructing the lines of the car....
You're right, that was a half-assed generalization, some people try to disguise their cars, while some people like the clean look without a bunch of obnoxious chrome badges all over

Old 05-14-2011, 02:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

You should figure out what model DII you have and then order the correct badges for them if you want to replace them.

What kind of options do you have? Do you have 7 seats? What kind of radio? Heated seats? Woodgrain interior?

Old 05-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
You're right, that was a half-assed generalization, some people try to disguise their cars, while some people like the clean look without a bunch of obnoxious chrome badges all over
Or other people who like to take the 3 series numbers off of their beamer and put an M3 label on it XD.

Disco I have none of those options except for a CD changer under the passenger seat. I'm probably just going to leave it as is; I'm going to put a bug guard on it anyway.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Winching

If your truck doesn't have any of those options than it's an SD.

Old 05-14-2011, 05:22 PM
Drifting

I picked up the raised letters for my '04 on eBay a heck of a lot cheaper than the dealer list. I took my time and they went on perfect.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My '98 has none of the usual bades/stickers/emblems. But I believe it was probbably because it has been re-painted. They prob didn't want to take the time and/or money for badging.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:37 PM
TReK

im gonna badge my disco as a bently,,, WHOOOOP WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Quick Reply: My '03 has no letter emblems.