Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My cup holder!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 05:34 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My cup holder!!!!

Hi,

Any help would be apperciated on helping me get my cup holder put back in my 2000 Disco. The wifey grabbed it and it all came out, I did find a little round clinder peace with groves all over it???
hopefully there is a trick that you guys could teach me!

Old 03-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are held in with 2 screws in the top and side. You can see the side from one is exposed and if you remove both black pieces on the top you can see the top screw hole. Pictures of whats broken might make things easier.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:58 PM
4wd High

I'll snap a few and post a little later. Can't find anything that looks like it is broke, kind of looks like it just popped out of place.... there is a spring loaded bar coming down off of the left side. It has a J hook to it.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK.... so what were you guys doing when she grabbed it?????

Old 03-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

Are you sure it's a Land Rover; if your biggest problem is a cup holder?
had to say it.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok well i had originally assumed you were talking about the large one mounted on the center console to the left and right of the shifter, now is sounds like like you're talking about the center dash ones. I pulled mine all the way out once and all it took to get it back in was to close the cup support on the bottom and slide back in. Just looked through the rave, couldn't find any drawings of taking that part when removing the dash and yes the cup holders are the biggest problem. What else would catch all the rain water from my sunroof haha seriously going to fix that though.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:19 PM
4wd High

Well as I was just suggesting "Braking in the Rover!", as she was pulling out the cup holder...... Thats when the fight started!!!! She now says I broke the cup holder!?!!?

Old 03-30-2011, 11:10 PM
4wd High

Ok! I am still at a loss, but I got a couple pictures!!! First is the hole in the dash, second is the bottom of the tray.....

Name:  GetAttachment.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  4.8 KB

Name:  Bottomoftray.jpg
Views: 1163
Size:  4.6 KB

Old 03-31-2011, 07:17 AM
Winching
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

You may have to turn the little mechanism on top (see your second picture) so that it lines up properly with the stud hanging down from the inside top of the hole you're inserting the cup holder into (see your first picture).

If it isn't broken, that mechanism (when correctly inserted) should act as a guide to allow the cup holder to move in and out without falling out of the dash altogether. (Note: I couldn't tell from your picture, but there might be a spring involved too. It might be worthwhile to try gently removing the coin/ash tray as I think it has a similar mechanism...) If it (the mechanism) is actually broken and you're really determined to fix the cup holder, then I'd call Will Tillery and see if he has one he can send you out of a wrecked DII.

Better yet, given that the stock cup holders are pretty much junk, if (when) you get this one back in to place, I'd suggest that you consider installing a set of these big cup holders available from AB and other Rover parts suppliers. I put them in my DII and haven't touched the stock cup holder ever since...

Old 03-31-2011, 07:07 PM
4wd High

Thanks Dave!
The Big Cup look great!!

Quick Reply: My cup holder!!!!