Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Disco

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 06:02 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Disco

Hello Disco riders...I just registered yesterday..... a friend from work mention this forum... he has a Jag... and since its english..?? well you know..??
We have a '96 disco SE7.... and we love that truck.. the wife got rear ended twice... with my 2 girls..and they hardly felt it....it's a TANK!!![sm=smiley32.gif]...it's been good to us!! It still is..!!.. even with it's shortcomings..??..... but as we all know..with age.. parts..they wear out and give us problems....where do I start...maybe I should POLL this..??.. let me make a list...

Old 07-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: My Disco

welcome to the forums and yes they are built like tanks, our 2003 disco got rear ended by a corsa and it wedged itself under the rear bumber, no damage to the disco, one wrecked bonet for the corsa

Old 07-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How many miles do you have on it?

Old 07-13-2007, 05:41 PM
4wd High

You know..i stopped looking... good question [&:].. I'll check when I get home...I would guess... around 180,000.... no major engine problems( I change the oil every 3mos...!!)...Just the usual.... plastic brackets that brake so easy... the dashboard has a major warpage.... someone broke in twice at the wife's workplace tried to steal stuff and the radio.... they didn't take the radio.?? probably had time to read the decal in the window.... that it's no good if they took it out...hehehe..
Oh yeah..I had to bypass the cooling lines to the heater core...it's leaking..the wife didn't know it was leaking til I droveit and smelled the coolant...!! oh well..... what else... here's more... the weatherstrip to the back window....this is the second time it cracked in the upper corner..?? ..that's it for now..!!..til the next time

Old 07-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

180,000 is pretty impressive. We'll throw a party when you hit 200,000 on the original motor. As far as the heater core goes, it's a god awful job best left to the dealer. You have to essentially remove the whole dashboard. I loath when it will happen to me. I also need to replace my rear window seals.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:42 PM
4wd High

What's up guys...[sm=shades.gif]... Oh yeah...the check engine lite has been lit since i can't remember....I saw a couple of cracked vaccum lines... need the have that lite re-set...?? .. did I mention the cupholder... lost the spring..?? Oh yeah the plastic cover below the seats... somehow.. the plastic tabs seem to break alot it's my 3rd pair... so I don't let the small stuff bother me!!when I have the time..?? .... as long as the engine runs ok..!!! and passes smog!!!.. I probably have to change the muffler and the cat.. pretty soon...I hear a leak down there..

Old 07-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So you know, your engine defaults to a rich fuel mixture when the CEL is on. You will get better mileage out of it if you have the codes read and fix the problems. Find an auto parts store that will read them for free and get back on here...