Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Name the part game

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Name the part game

Do I need to cover the hole at the front of trany???
Am I missing a relay or two, top center is this for defroster? , and the top right empty space just has a wavy line on cove?
Does any one know what the black box is under the driver dash hanging in front of fuse panel? aftermarket keyless maybe ??? Thanks all

Attached Thumbnails Name the part game-trans.jpg   Name the part game-fuse.jpg   Name the part game-box1.jpg   Name the part game-box2.jpg  
Old 04-14-2009, 04:32 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

What year is your truck? Have you read your owner's manual? If you don't have an owner's manual download the RAVE manual. http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.p...d=13&Itemid=29

Missing relays may be for options your truck doesn't have. Inside the lid of the fuse box is a diagram telling what all the fuses and relays are for.

That box does not look factory. Do you have an aftermarket alarm system on the truck? Any markings on it that may help us ID it?

I have no idea what or where that first picture is. It looks like a vent for the heater but without a little more information it's really tough to tell.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sforb
Does any one know what the black box is under the driver dash hanging in front of fuse panel? aftermarket keyless maybe ??? Thanks all

Warp drive...

Old 04-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Rover
What year is your truck? Have you read your owner's manual? If you don't have an owner's manual download the RAVE manual. http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.p...d=13&Itemid=29

Missing relays may be for options your truck doesn't have. Inside the lid of the fuse box is a diagram telling what all the fuses and relays are for.

That box does not look factory. Do you have an aftermarket alarm system on the truck? Any markings on it that may help us ID it?

I have no idea what or where that first picture is. It looks like a vent for the heater but without a little more information it's really tough to tell.
That is a DII, look at the second pic and you can see the coolant reservoir, DII's and P-38 RR's have that one.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Drifting

if you need the cap for the oil pan let me know i have 2 extra from the engine swap i just did .. i am in los angeles if you want to pick it up

Old 04-14-2009, 06:20 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
That is a DII, look at the second pic and you can see the coolant reservoir, DII's and P-38 RR's have that one.
That answers one question. Guess I should have looked a little closer.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:31 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its a snoooow cone maker

Old 04-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Drifting

Sorry it is a 1999 d2, the open hole is in front of the trany looking in at the fly wheel ?

Old 04-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sforb
Sorry it is a 1999 d2, the open hole is in front of the trany looking in at the fly wheel ?
That hole is for inspection and bolting/unbolting the torque convertor from the transmission.
You can leave it how it is, wont hurt anything, or you can get any piece of metal, like the bottom of a soup can, drill a hole or two into the can bottom and then bolt it into place.

As for the missing relays, they may be empty from the factory, these truck are sold world wide with different options for different parts of the world.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Drifting

thanks spike, i was wondering about the top center one, the cover shows a picture of a defroster that i would need in the snow..

Quick Reply: Name the part game