Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nanocom has arived

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 09:50 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Nanocom has arived

so iv been able to program one of my two keys so far, but as far as brake bleeding goes, anyone know exactly what those steps are? under the brake bleeding section on the nanocom, it has a Speed bleed, modulator bleed, front right test, front left test, rear right test, rear left test? so do i just go down the list in order? this is for doing the brakes on a 1999 D2.

supposedly you need to compress the brake peddle during the modulator bleed correct?

Old 05-22-2016, 03:10 PM
Rock Crawling

well went out and ran the test bleeds and it ran the abs pump and i went around and did all the corners (RF,LF,RR,RL) and then did the modulator 3 times.

well brakes feel better, no need to pump anymore, but still a soft feel to it. so going to do some more bleeding and modulator bleeding when i get back to Dallas on Thursday. but so far so good.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

I'm interested how this goes for you. I've got myself a Nanocom, and want to replace the fluid and bleed sometime shortly.

Does the Nanocom 'talk' you through the process? Or is there something to know?

Old 05-22-2016, 03:38 PM
Rock Crawling

with the brake bleeding no, but when i did the key programing it would bring up a menu for when to push a button on the key fob. I'll just use it not knowing exactly what im doing, and learn i guess lol. there is a forum for the nanocom, but its not very active that i can tell. nanocoms youtube video for the key programing is great, so would be nice if they made one for brake bleeding too.

also with one of my key fobs, it will tell me that's its successfully sync, but when i go to detect it, it wont and so with that key fob i must be doing something wrong i guess. but my other one detected right away. only problem is that some one before me glued the key blade so i cant switch the key housings for one of my replacement Ebay housings. so need to find a good lock smith or something to cut the blade.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Ah, yes, ive worked out the key programming, thats all good. And turning on and of some of the vehicle options. Warnings, super lock etc.

I dont really tend to fiddle with brakes unlss they really need it, but i am aware that the fluid in mine will be very old, and while they feel ok ish, they are not spectacular. Fresh fluid and decent bleeding i think will have a good effect i think.

Cheers.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:15 PM
Rock Crawling

well did a second bleed on Friday. didn't bother taking the wheels off. with a 10ft obd2 extender cable and the programmer, i was able to just crawl under the D2 and hit the speed bleed while opening and closing the bleeder nipple. before doing any of the speed bleed's i did the modulator bleed 4 times first with my foot on the brake and hitting the modulator bleed on the nanocom. then went around and did the four corners. i think i got the brakes about as good as they will get for now. still a soft peddle, but its consistent and doesn't fall as far as it did before. if ur brakes are good now, i think the 2 man bleed or the Motive bleeder will do just fine to get the old fluid out and the new stuff in. i think the Nanocom's bleed procedure is more necessary when you've replaced a part of the brake system such as lines or MC ect...

Originally Posted by cappedup
Ah, yes, ive worked out the key programming, thats all good. And turning on and of some of the vehicle options. Warnings, super lock etc.

I dont really tend to fiddle with brakes unlss they really need it, but i am aware that the fluid in mine will be very old, and while they feel ok ish, they are not spectacular. Fresh fluid and decent bleeding i think will have a good effect i think.

Cheers.