Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help!!!! with 02 sensor to ECU no ground?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 04:33 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help!!!! with 02 sensor to ECU no ground?

I've been trying to figure out why I have fault codes p0154 bank 2 sensor 1 and p0160 bank 2 sensor 2. So I brought it to a mechanic in town that spent a few hours on it and said there is (no ground from ECU going to bank 2 sensor 1). He didn't know how to fix it and said the ECU might need to be flashed. I did that myself still have same fault codes. Here are is a picture of the wires coming from engine harness that connects to the 02 sensor connector. There is a red arrow in the picture showing the electric shield wire that doesn't have heat shrink around the end and the electric shield wire and doesn't go as far down as the other 02 sensor to engine harness wires like the one on the opposite side of the engine. Update!!! I think member ihscouts answered the question best in another post saying- The uncoated wire(s) in your paw would be the electrical shield. Since the signal voltages through the "coated" wires are in the mV range it's there to keep electrical/magnetic interference low to none. The shield which is wrapped around the entire O2 wire bundle is important when it's mixed into the large wire bundles back to the ECU. Shielding wires are normally grounded back to the ECU's earth post. Now I just need to figure out how to ground it at the ecu earth post.

Attached Thumbnails Need help!!!! with 02 sensor to ECU no ground?-wire-001.jpg  

Last edited by aftermath431; 11-14-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you resolve your problem?

Old 01-08-2015, 11:40 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by me6067
Did you resolve your problem?
No I brought it to a mechanic and he is saying the problem is not the wiring but the ECU. I have taking apart the ECU and re soldered a few solder points inside the ECU as will as the mechanic trying the same thing but still get code p0154. I didn't see anything that looked bad inside the ECU. But he mechanic says I need a new ECU which will cost a'lot of money weather I send mine into be repaired are get another one and have it reprogrammed. The only thing I can think is that the ECU has a blown ground track right next to one of the pin coming into the ECU where there is plastic covering all the pins. I can't figure out how to get this plastic piece of so I can look at the solder points right at the pins coming into the ECU. If I can figure out how to remove the plastic cover (covering the pins going into the ECU I might be able to fix the dang thing.