Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Please ...Need Help ...Much Obliged.

2002 Disco
Thank you all.
Should I close this hole ? I'm in Miami its not very dusty and cold here_ do I need this open.
I sealed everything in front... What else should I do ?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc074535.jpg   Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc104572.jpg   Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc104567.jpg   Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc104576.jpg   Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc104589.jpg  

Last edited by Twins Disco; 12-10-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Didnt get any help
Old 12-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Three Wheeling
Default Also sealed the top of the windshield.

Originally Posted by Twins Disco
Thank you all. Without your help, we are lost !
Should I close this hole ? I'm in Miami its not very dusty and cold here_ do I need this open.
I sealed everything in front... What else should I ?

Thank you very much indeed !
--------------------------------------------------
Water by our feet on the front....

Attached Thumbnails Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc104587.jpg   Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc104582.jpg   Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc104579.jpg   Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc104577.jpg   Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc104568.jpg  

Last edited by Twins Disco; 12-10-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:15 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

check the top of the roof drip rail for cracked chalking I believe there was a recall, also have you check the roof drains as well as the ac condensate drains

Old 12-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by drowssap
check the top of the roof drip rail for cracked chalking I believe there was a recall, also have you check the roof drains as well as the ac condensate drains
Thank you !
I checked and sealed the drip rail, the AC drains were empty. The roof drains are next.
How about the hole on the other side of the wiper motor. I think thats where the wiper motor goes in countries where they drive on the other side. Can I close this hole ?

Many thanks

Old 12-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is the Plenum Air intake cracked or missing? Need the plenum to direct water away from these areas. I am working on my 04 next week it is leaking like yours. Found a good plenum at a salvage yard.

Rave manual 80.15.62

Last edited by slabrat; 12-11-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

it look as if he has already seal up the fresh air plenum

Old 12-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Exclamation

Originally Posted by drowssap
it look as if he has already seal up the fresh air plenum
Thank you !
Is this the fresh air plenum_and could I duck tape it (close it) Please let me know ! I also took the cowl out and sealed it with epoxy and permatex... By the way this is what I do every night On a lighter note...a plant was growing by the driver footrest ...LOL

Attached Thumbnails Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc104572.jpg   Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc114565.jpg   Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pb274498.jpg   Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc084540.jpg  

Last edited by Twins Disco; 12-11-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:18 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by slabrat
is the Plenum Air intake cracked or missing? Need the plenum to direct water away from these areas. I am working on my 04 next week it is leaking like yours. Found a good plenum at a salvage yard.

Rave manual 80.15.62
Thanks
Is this what you mean ?
I took it out to fix the cracks with epoxy and permatex...

Attached Thumbnails Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !-pc11459965.jpg  
Old 12-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Twins Disco
Thanks
Is this what you mean ?
I took it out to fix the cracks with epoxy and permatex...
Yes that is what i'm talking about, Rave calls it a fresh air plenum intake I bought one at salvage for 90 bucks.. Mine is in several pieces. Should get hood off this weekend and put it in along with Spark plug wires (dread)

I hope it helps to stop the leak by the passenger side . Getting the ECM's wet. and truck won't start.
Plan on sealing everything like you did. except the fresh air intake. Let me know if it fixes the leaks.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by slabrat
Yes that is what i'm talking about, Rave calls it a fresh air plenum intake I bought one at salvage for 90 bucks.. Mine is in several pieces. Should get hood off this weekend and put it in along with Spark plug wires (dread)

I hope it helps to stop the leak by the passenger side . Getting the ECM's wet. and truck won't start.
Plan on sealing everything like you did. except the fresh air intake. Let me know if it fixes the leaks.
" That big hole is the air intake for the airconditioning and ventilation, so we need it!

Will had a similar issue, he increased the height of the lip at the bottom of the hole by using black silastic, and I added a plastic diverter shelf at the top of the hole, glued with the same silastic. It fits under the black windscreen trim plenum when it's installed. This diverts very fast flowing water around the intake, after it runs down the windscreen.
Be sure to extend the edge of the diverter at least 35mm or so past the edge of the hole at both ends, and add a slight drain slope towards the left hand side of the car. I angled it at about 90 deg standing up from the firewall, and made a smooth silastic bead for the water to run across. Also make sure that the 2 drain holes at either end of the tray under the screen are clear and free to flow."
I'm going to try something similar !
Thank you all !!!
Best Regards

Last edited by Twins Disco; 12-12-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Need Help asap...Getting Wet & Its raining tonight !