Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Discoveries help??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 05:46 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Discoveries help??

Hi,

I'm new to Land Rovers I'm wanting a more practical vehicle and would appreciate some advice.

This evening I had a look at a Discovery (96) on a P plate, done 96,000 miles, manual, 5 door. Overall it's in pretty good condition for it's age, apart from some scratches on the outside which you'd expect the inside is very very tidy. However the dash board has peeled somewhat and a little bit of water has got in through the one of the rear windows in the back, as the window seals have started to perish. Some water has also got in through the back door via the window seal also. I'm not sure yet if the cambelts been replaced as the vehicle is a friend of a friends. I had a test drive and it seemed to drive very well.

The guy wants £4,000 for it, does this sounds like a good buy and how much would it cost to put right the peeled dash and for new window seals and a cam belt if needed?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Falconer

Old 09-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to Discoveries help??

ORIGINAL: Falconer

Hi,

I'm new to Land Rovers I'm wanting a more practical vehicle and would appreciate some advice.

This evening I had a look at a Discovery (96) on a P plate, done 96,000 miles, manual, 5 door. Overall it's in pretty good condition for it's age, apart from some scratches on the outside which you'd expect the inside is very very tidy. However the dash board has peeled somewhat and a little bit of water has got in through the one of the rear windows in the back, as the window seals have started to perish. Some water has also got in through the back door via the window seal also. I'm not sure yet if the cambelts been replaced as the vehicle is a friend of a friends. I had a test drive and it seemed to drive very well.

The guy wants £4,000 for it, does this sounds like a good buy and how much would it cost to put right the peeled dash and for new window seals and a cam belt if needed?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Falconer
I might get some **** for this... but if you're looking for a PRACTICAL vehicle. A Land Rover probably isn't your best bet.

The coversion to USD is$7500. That is a little high in my opinion. I'm not sure on the cambelts but the seals aren't very expensive.

Old 09-19-2006, 02:02 AM
4wd High

You never know, Falconer might be driving a 1939 Hupmobile, in which case the Rover might be very practical ; )

Old 09-20-2006, 03:52 PM
2nd Gear

lol, I actually drive a small hatchback, unfortunately there's very little room in it to carry my birds and it can't take me off road totally impracticle for what I do! I'd like a vehicle which gives me plenty of room allows me to go offroad as well as being suitable to use as an everyday vehicle.

Regards,

Falconer