Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the Land Rover World

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Land Rover World

Hey everyone, I just registered to this website because I'm planning on buying a Disco II. Here is the Disco I'm planning in buying. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ng=&cardist=40
I have some questions about some issues.
1. It needs a valve cover gasket. How much does this cost to get repaired? I was told LR parts are expensive, that's why I'm asking.
2. It has a CD changer but the magazine is missing. Where is a good place to purchase a CD magazine and how much will it cost?
3. It's missing a fender flare on the pass. side rear door. Where can I get a replacement and how much $$$?
4. The SES light is on. Is this a major problem? It seems to drive real nice.
The Disco is in decent shape, otherwise, for having 103k miles on it.
Thanks in advance for any help or info.

P.S.
I didn't buy this yet, but if things go well, I'll probably buy it on Monday or Tuesday.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:44 AM
Mudding
Default RE: New to the Land Rover World

Hi, getting right to it...

The valve cover gasket is very cheap, only about $10. It is easy enough to where I would do it myself. Should not take a pro more than an hour.
CD changer magazine, I would check Ebay. If it is the same as a Series I then I might have one for you too.
The fender flare, I would check Ebay too, or maybe dap-inc. Not sure about that one though.
The rest I am not sure of

Last.y, you are not Greg who instructed at Hopedale air service are you? We called him Gemoney too...
Best of luck...

Old 05-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Overlanding

ORIGINAL: xb70valkarye

Hi, getting right to it...

The valve cover gasket is very cheap, only about $10. It is easy enough to where I would do it myself. Should not take a pro more than an hour.
CD changer magazine, I would check Ebay. If it is the same as a Series I then I might have one for you too.
The fender flare, I would check Ebay too, or maybe dap-inc. Not sure about that one though.
The rest I am not sure of

Last.y, you are not Greg who instructed at Hopedale air service are you? We called him Gemoney too...
Best of luck...
I believe the cd magazine is the same. The valve cover gasket looked pretty easy, so my friend and I are going to change it when I buy it. I'm thinking of taking the fender flares and side moldings off the Rover but I'm not decided on that yet. I'll check ebay once I decide what I'm gonna do.
And lastly, no I'm not Greg. My name is Jason
Thanks for your help/info. I'll be looking forward to buying this. I wanted a Disco for awhile. Thanks again!!

Old 05-15-2006, 12:52 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Jason,
This may make it easier for you, the moldings are only sold in sets, and they are not cheap.
You might want to check out a post from last month, on the LRR forum.com, regarding keeping or removing these molding, it was a long one.
Good luck,
Mike

Old 05-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Overlanding

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

Jason,
This may make it easier for you, the moldings are only sold in sets, and they are not cheap.
You might want to check out a post from last month, on the LRR forum.com, regarding keeping or removing these molding, it was a long one.
Good luck,
Mike
Thanks. I'll do that.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Overlanding

Jason,
Good luck,
Mike
Are you talking about the post with the Jeep fender flares fitting a Disco?

Old 05-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Administrator

No, I am looking for it and pass it on to you soon, I hope.
Mike

Old 05-15-2006, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Jay,
here you go,

http://www.landroversonly.com/forums...t=fender+flare
Read up and see if this helps you decide.
Mike

Old 05-16-2006, 12:07 AM
Overlanding

I bought the Disco tonight. I hated trading in my car, but I've wanted a Land Rover for awhile. When I got to the dealership I took it out for one last test drive and noticed the SES light wasn't on like it was on Saturday. At first I thought COOL!! Then after driving it for awhile it came back on. The owners manual stated that it could possibly be the fuel filler cap. No big deal, I'll get it checked out soon. Other than that, all I need is a valve cover gasket and a CD magazine. The Disco runs real strong and everthing else seems to be working fine. Can't wait to get more acquainted with my Disco. I'll post pics as soon as I can. It was dark outside by the time I got home.

Old 05-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Overlanding

Jay,
here you go,

http://www.landroversonly.com/forums...t=fender+flare
Read up and see if this helps you decide.
Mike
The link doesn't work. Thanks for looking, though.

Quick Reply: New to the Land Rover World