Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New & need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 05:26 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New & need some advice

Hey all im new to this board and need some help i got a 97 disco and have had my share of problems.
The recent problem is i need to have the left CV joint repaired. The estimate i got was $600 for parts and labor. My concern is would i be better off swapping the whole axle out? With my luck after i fix the left the right will go out.
Also while driving around the other day steam started to rise from the passenger side vents, and the smell of coolant filled the car this morning the heater core started with the gurgling noises, but eventually stopped. Has the damage been done? or can i stop it before it gets worse.

Old 09-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: New & need some advice

what was the temp gauge like?? what is the coolant level like? look under the passanger side and see if you can see the coolant on the floor if you can the o rings on the heater core are dry and needs to be replaced.. if you coolant is low you have and leak somewhere.. and for the replasing of the half shafts... yes if you have the money to do so

Old 09-19-2005, 04:46 AM
4th Gear

a couple weeks ago the temp went up about 3/4 , turned out the coolant was low i filled it up and its was fine for a while then this week it went to hell. i drive a lot during work recently my car kept leaving small puddles of coolent wherever id park. i had to refill the coolant tank twice, it was half empty. smelling coolant all day was disgusting me so i ended up bypassing the heatercore for now till i have time and money to fix it. after bypassing it i came to realize the passenger side floormat and carpeting had absorbed whatever didnt leak out of the car. i vacumed as much as possible and it elliminated the smell, but now that the weather is getting cold
ahhhh [:@]this is not my week [:@]

Old 09-20-2005, 02:06 AM
Three Wheeling

it happens bro, at least you know what the problem is...