Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner of an 04 Disco!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 12:29 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
wow.. the drive shaft didnt explode he did...
non of this would have happened if he was running iridiums,,,

seriously though that is too bad. hope you heal up well and are back at it soon. post pics of the blowed up foot

Old 11-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll post those pictures for you, you can count on it. While I was writhing on the ground in agony I told my wife to grab a few snapshots.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:20 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by phil29
I'll post those pictures for you, you can count on it. While I was writhing on the ground in agony I told my wife to grab a few snapshots.
now that is a real man! always knowing good interenet material.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Self mutilation pics for the win

Old 11-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy shiz, dude, that's horrible.

I'm a rock climber, too, and very curious...

Where were you climbing? What kind of climbing (on a rope)? Can you describe what happened in more detail?

That's crazy!

Old 11-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Mudding

Holy crap!

Dude, a boulder that size and I am glad you are still around! Heal up well, bro!

Old 11-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

See, this is why I stay inside!

Old 11-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by oysterhead
Where were you climbing? What kind of climbing (on a rope)? Can you describe what happened in more detail?
I was bouldering, which generally doesn't require a rope, and I was working on a problem that I had finished the last time I was there, but wanted to climb again.

To make a long story short, I finished all the hard moves and was a single move from climbing off the top. I decided I would rest and shake my hands out and finish the problem safely and gracefully.

As I shifted my weight around the hold to flag out a foot and relieve some of the tension on my core, a huge slab of the problem broke off from the boulder right where I was holding on. This 350 poundish "rock", and I were falling backwards together about 9ft in the air.

This rock was slated to crush either my head or my chest--either option fatal, but as the rock hurled down to the ground I able to push off of the boulder and *almost* made it out clean.

The "almost" is obviously where my exploding ankle comes into play.

Thank you for the kindness directed my way. I've got to get some sleep, im being transported to a different hospital tomorrow sometime in the morning,

Last edited by phil29; 11-06-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:53 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by photo2u
That is the same rover I am looking for. I live S. Cal and the prices are very high at this moment.

Please send us a photo of it!
I live in Dallas but went and bought this one from Calabasas. It's an 04SE, 87kmi. Prices in Cali may be high but, and this is IMHO, the cars in SoCal are generally in better condition.

Congrats to the OP on the new truck and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I was bouldering, which generally doesn't require a rope, and I was working on a problem that I had finished the last time I was there, but wanted to climb again.

To make a long story short, I finished all the hard moves and was a single move from climbing off the top. I decided I would rest and shake my hands out and finish the problem safely and gracefully.

As I shifted my weight around the hold to flag out a foot and relieve some of the tension on my core, a huge slab of the problem broke off from the boulder right where I was holding on. This 350 poundish "rock", and I were falling backwards together about 9ft in the air.

This rock was slated to crush either my head or my chest--either option fatal, but as the rock hurled down to the ground I able to push off of the boulder and *almost* made it out clean.

The "almost" is obviously where my exploding ankle comes into play.

Thank you for the kindness directed my way. I've got to get some sleep, im being transported to a different hospital tomorrow sometime in the morning,

you need to be on one of those "I survived" shows.

Quick Reply: New Owner of an 04 Disco!