Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rover Friends

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Baja
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New Rover Friends

I was working on my DI in my driveway tonight. All of a sudden, a pretty Dark Blue 2000DII and a Dark Grey Range Rover 1996 I think he said pulled in to meet me and see what I was doing.

The Grey Rover was a work truck. The guy was very knowledgeable, told me he had lots of spare parts at home. He gave me his number and told me to call him if I needed anything for my DI.

The other fellow had just bought his DII last October from a little local used car dealer that is usually Buy Here/ Pay Here place. I had even looked at the same vehicle myself. It was only on their lot for a week or two. 2000DII 100K very nice body and interior- $6000.

It was his first Land Rover. I told him about this site but he was not really into computers, even though he has one at home. I told him about the DII Drive Shaft issue, he was totally unaware of that. Also his back paasenger door relocks as soon as you attempt to unlock it. I think I saw something regarding that on here. I told him if I could find it I would print it out for him.

He did say he would take the drive shaft out and get new greasable u-joints installed. He told me he knew a real good drive shaft shop.

He did show me some nice pictures of Jeeps. He and his son have a total of 5 Jeeps they off-road. This is his first Discovery, and it is really immaculate. The seats all look brand new except for the Driver's seat, it was discolored like the dye had faded real bad. All the others looked so new, they probably have never been sat in.

We all exchanged numbers and I told them to drop in anytime. I made two new Rover Friends.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Welcome to the wonderful world of Rover enthusiasts.

Last spring I stood in the pouring rain talking to a guy that I followed of of Target and we talked about his fully restored Series II.
I saw the truck in the parking lot and while walking in he was walking out.
How did I know HE owned the Rover?
You can tell a true Rover owner by the way he dress'.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a guy stop by my house the other day because he say my series sitting out front. He just bought an 03 and had some questions so we wound up talking for about half an hour. It was nice. I like the Rover community (except for the forum asshats that are always rude) and am always willing to talk about my rovers to someone willing to listen.

Old 04-15-2010, 01:11 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish there were more off-roading rover owners around here. Like I've said before it's mainly rich house wives that are pissed off they didnt get a range rover. I tried to strike up a conversation with a DII owner at walmart but he wasn't even sure what year it was at first.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteTrain
I wish there were more off-roading rover owners around here. Like I've said before it's mainly rich house wives that are pissed off they didnt get a range rover. I tried to strike up a conversation with a DII owner at walmart but he wasn't even sure what year it was at first.

haha yeah i wish i had some friends with rovers tooi have customers from pa in summertime (my shop is in a resort area in south jersey)and everyone and their sisters drive them but knowbody by me in nj anyone know of a good rover club near nj i want to start doin some off road explorations!!!!