Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more Pizza...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: No more Pizza...

Ummm.... pizza delivery in a Benz??? lol
Any pics of his wreck?? Curious to see whats left of it especially since you were able to drive away.

Eric

Old 01-16-2009, 06:42 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Where do you live that pizza delivery guys drive Mercedes? The damage really doesn't look that bad considering you hit a solid vehicle like a Mercedes. I would guess $2500 is what you'll get for the damage.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i say $3500 make sure to let us know how much you get and what upgradesyour planing on doing with that $

Old 01-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

96 mercedes = cheap money

I would like to see how his car looked

Old 01-17-2009, 11:29 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

The pizza guy may have bought the Mercedes for cheap but that doesn't mean it is built any less solid. Prior to 98, Germany wouldn't even allow glass sunroofs because they felt glass in the roof was unsafe. In fact the 1998 Mercedes E320 was the first Mercedes built with a glass sunroof.

My mom's 2005 Mercedes E320 weighs as much as my Rover does. It is an incredibly solid vehicle for a sedan. My dad's 2006 Mercedes R350, which was built in Alabama rather than Germany like the E-class mom drives, doesn't feel near as heavy or as solid. I call dad's car the BillyBob Benz.

I'm with Tom, I want to see how much damage there was to the Mercedes.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:33 AM
Rock Crawling

ORIGINAL: AK Rover

The pizza guy may have bought the Mercedes for cheap but that doesn't mean it is built any less solid. Prior to 98, Germany wouldn't even allow glass sunroofs because they felt glass in the roof was unsafe. In fact the 1998 Mercedes E320 was the first Mercedes built with a glass sunroof.

My mom's 2005 Mercedes E320 weighs as much as my Rover does. It is an incredibly solid vehicle for a sedan. My dad's 2006 Mercedes R350, which was built in Alabama rather than Germany like the E-class mom drives, doesn't feel near as heavy or as solid. I call dad's car the BillyBob Benz.

I'm with Tom, I want to see how much damage there was to the Mercedes.
i'm with you on solid... just replying to people above saying pizza guy in mercedes is strange

Old 01-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I still say maybe 3-4K, fight hard for it. They will probably try to push you to actually have it repaired rather than wanting to give you the money for a bumper. Last time something like this happened I went down and got the quote for repair, then never got it done. The guy that hit me was old and hit 3 other cars in the same accident, I was getting a new bumper anyways so I said not to have him pay to fix it. His insurance called me and I said I already bought an aftermarket bumper, they asked for the recipt and then paid me the amount of the bumper.

I say ARB, it is one of my favorites, plus it is airbag compatiple and on an LR3 that is a plus.

Good Luck.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry guys no pics of the mercedes, did'nt have a camera and the guy left in an ambulance so i don't think it would have been appropriate. i got him pretty good though, hood was smashed in good probably about a 9-11 inch buckle, he lost all radiator fluid, both headlights front bumper, both quarter panels were damaged, etc.

oh yeah i live near Greenwich CT so its not surprising for a delivery driver to be in a mercedes or a BMW.

I will def. get as much as possible from his insurance guys ASAP, and i am def. looking into aftermarket bumpers.
I like the ARB but not sure if i have much need for a winch, i dont do an serious off roading as of now, would it look silly if i go tthe arb without a winch installed.

thanks again for all the comments.
ROSS

Old 01-17-2009, 08:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I think even with out the winch it would look fine. You could always put on a roller fairlead if you wanted to finish the look but no winch, at least you would have the option in the future of you wanted it. In fact I have a spare one if you wanted it, just pay for shipping.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Drifting

Dude-was this a nat'nl chain or mom&pop? My Bro-in-law got hit by a driver from domino's. The driver called his store before he called 911 so another driver could pick up the pies..
(30 mins or it's free). Attys love this kind of stuff. I'm not one for raping the system but your Rover has been injured and is hurting-she has pain & suffering and loss of function.

Quick Reply: No more Pizza...